- Clayton Dry
- Black Hills State University
- Twitter: @BabyFaceDry
- 2018 All-RMAC Honorable Mention.
What is your name?
- Clayton Dry.
Where do you play College Football?
- Black Hills State in Spearfish, South Dakota.
What position do you play?
- Guard, Center.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’2″ 285lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I participated in wrestling and basketball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Number 55 from Fort Lewis.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, I listen to Metallica, Eminem, DMX.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I always get my ankles, wrist, thumbs tape before games.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model would be my grandpa Mike Benge. He is a strong man who showed me what hard work is but also how to have fun at the same time. He always brought joy to everyone especially all to of us grandchildren.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite Class – American History and Least Favorite Class – Physics.
What made you choose Black Hills State University?
- People in the community and being able to play close to family in Colorado, Wyoming, and Arizona.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Just meeting new people from the community. Exploring the Black Hills and enjoying life every day.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Broncos because I grew in a house hold full of Broncos fans. My favorite player would have to be Jeff Saturday I just like the way he played the game.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell) from Talladega Nights.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- John Wayne.
- Johnny Cash.
- Kevin Costner.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- George Washington because he pulled the biggest upset in American history.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Wolverine because he has metal claws and chops.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Hard work to me is someone who overcomes adversity. It does not matter the challenges they face the individual will always works hard to pursue being great.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- It is important to have good communication with your professors.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would have told myself to get little more help with school. Do not just look for D1 schools, be more selective of different divisions of football.
Why do you wear #62?
- It has been with me since I made my first appearance at Mountain Pointe high school against Bishop Gorman and it has stuck ever since.
What is the best part of your hometown, Phoenix, AZ?
- I would say it would be the Mexican restaurants.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron because he is the greatest basketball player of all time. He is the ultimate team guy and will do anything to win.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4. I play Madden, MLB The Show, Call of Duty.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Playing at Bishop Gorman getting to represent myself and my family. Just embracing the whole experience. Never playing a game at that level.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Have a boat to go fishing.
- Have my own Ranch.
- Give my mom a Hummer.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can make some mean pancakes.
If there is a book written about Clayton Dry, what is the title?
- “The Underdog.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go deep sea fishing.
- Hunt moose in Alaska.
- Go to a SEC football game.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- Last Chance U.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would go fly fishing or any kind of fishing in general.
If you could pancake block any NFL D-Lineman, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Past: I would love to pancake John Randle to hear what he had to say after the play. Present: It would be Aaron Donald just because he’s the best at the position.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Clayton Dry?
What is your inspiration?
- My inspiration is the love for the game and beating someone across the line from me against their will is the best feeling in the world. Prove people wrong that size should not be a factor.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Shaq Mason because we both are undersized but it does not stop us from playing the game we love. Even though we are under size we still can play toe to toe with any defensive linemen.