• Name: Christian Almonte
• Height: 5’6
• Weight: 180
• Position: WR/RB
• College: University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
• Twitter: C_Almonte24
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Suburb town outside of Milwaukee. Always loved living close to a big city and being able to visit whenever. Also, the support the community has for the high school and its students has always been outstanding.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1. Strength and Conditioning – This is the base for everything we do as football players. This is where you gain the mental and physical toughness to push yourself to the limits.
2. Film study – I have this before practice because without studying film you have nothing to prepare for. This is the mental preparation stage of the game, all the great players I’ve been around have perfected this part of the game
3. Practice – This is where you bring everything together. The better the film prep, the better the schemes will be and the smoother the practice will run. The more reps you get the more situations you can be properly prepared for.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Had awful grades after my first freshmen semester, started asking for help and realized that you don’t need to do everything on your own. Ever since then I’ve had an academic plan in place to ensure that I’m doing my best in the classroom.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Being able to make big plays at most crucial times.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Ryan Ramczyk, he was on my team so I never actually played against him but watching him in practice and how he carried himself off the field helped me shape the way I carry myself as a student-athlete.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Police officer, want to be able to make a difference and give back to a community.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family, wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I didn’t save my family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Lucas black – Tokyo Drift. He does whatever it takes to reach the top and never stops doing what he loves no matter what people tell him.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Injuring my wrist and having to sit out for a year. Taught me not to take playing the game of football for granted.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My 97-yard kick return to helps spark my team when we were down bad.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Do not disturb – Drake. Physically and mentally I am always locked in.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My speed and quickness.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• It takes a lot of work to make it to this level, so its hard for me to call any NFL player overrated.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, no matter what you do not everyone is going to like you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, Physically he is unmatched wish I come have seen him ball out in his prime years.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Win or Learn mindset, were never losing.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father, from a young age he taught how to grind and never give up on my dreams.