- Chris Blanchard
- MacMurray College
- Twitter: @TheonlyCB4
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 UMAC All-Conference First Team Defense.
- 35 Total Tackles – 2.0 TFL – 2 INTs.
What is your name?
- Chris Blanchard.
Where do you play College Football?
- Macmurray College.
What position do you play?
- I can play both safety positions and a little at corner.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’10″ 189lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played basketball, baseball, soccer, and was even on a bowling team for a summer.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Matt Qurales from Westminster, he runs his routes very accurate and he’s a quick guy. He definitely gave me the best challenge all year.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I love listening to a mix of rap, R&B, but right before we go out, I listen to gospel music.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I usually go to a quiet place away from everyone and hold my cross and just clear my head.
Who is your role model & why?
- My father, he’s worked so hard to make something of his self. He went from struggling to working for big construction companies. Sometimes we but heads but at the end of the day that man has given me everything I could ask for and then some. He turned me into the man I am today and for that I am thankful.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- I would have to pick my corrections class, I had the most fun in that class. My least favorite was hands down ceramics, the teacher was great but art just really my thing.
What made you choose MacMurray College?
- I was going to a juco at first until the coach lied to me so I called coach Langhoff and he got me to mac a week before it was time to report for camp and I fell in love with the family atmosphere and decided to stay.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Meeting different people from different backgrounds and all coming together as a family.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I’m a Packers fan all day and I just like their history as a franchise and Brett Favre was from Mississippi so I had to cheer for him. My favorite player would have to be Odell Beckham. I like his game and his passion for the game. I also like his swag on the field and how he carries his self.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would love to be in Batman: the dark knight. I would be the joker. I love the joker, he does what he wants and takes what he wants. That’s the mindset I have on the field.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Kobe Bryant.
- Derek Jeter.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther king, he paved the way for equality and died believing in what he thought was right. I’d love to meet him and pick at his brain to see what he knows.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- I would have to say Iron Man is my favorite because he just has that swag about him.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Putting your all into what you’re doing and staying focus.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- I learned that school is also important to your success. My first semester at MacMurray was an eye opener for me and I turned it around.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Work harder in the classroom and put more work into football.
Why do you wear #4?
- I had it since high school and it just stuck with me. It just had a certain feel to it so ever since then it’s been my number.
What is the best part of your hometown, Wiggins, MS?
- It has a beautiful scenery and it’s just a quiet little place.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- I’m choosing Kobe over anyone, that’s mostly because I’m a Lakers fan.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I’m Xbox all day. I play 2K, Fortnite, and Black Ops.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My sophomore year we beat Northwestern for the first time in a long time and everyone was clicking on all cylinders. It was a great team win and I enjoyed every minute of it.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Have all my parents bills payed off.
- For my grandma’s health to get better.
- New car.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can play the saxophone.
If there is a book written about Chris Blanchard, what is the title?
- “The only CB4.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go to Paris.
- Drive a Lamborghini.
- Sky dive.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- I’m watching The Walking Dead.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Probably catching up on my sleep.
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Aaron Rodgers because he’s a great QB and I’d love to have a chance to intercept him and I would probably take it back for six.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Chris Blanchard?
What is your inspiration?
- My inspiration comes from my two grandfathers. I lost both of them before they saw me play high school ball, so every time I put on my cleats I do it for them and just know they’re in heaven watching me.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Jalen Ramsey. We both talk on the field and try to get under the other team’s skin. Also, he walks and talks confidence and that’s how I like to carry myself on the field.