•Name: Alonso Vera
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Carson which in southern Los Angeles. It’s a very diversified town that I felt shaped me to be the person I am today. I have a lot of love for my hometown mostly because of the influences of past generations that grew up in this town that pioneered for greatness.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• strength and conditioning, film study and practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about looking after my family and making sure they are in good health as well as financially well. They are my main concern as well as one of my motivations to succeed.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I think my biggest failure was not being able to receive a D1 offer or opportunity straight out of high school. So I pursued to achieve this goal by giving it my all to achieve this level of competition. Which was a long journey but at the end managed to start at a power 5 school for 2 full seasons.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Caring. I give my teammates the upmost respect and treat them like family as if they were one of my brothers. I always lookout for my teammates.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Vita Vea, Austin Pettis, Uchena Nwosu
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’d be a civil engineer it has always been my dream care outside of playing football
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My room is the first thing I clean because with that it helps me organize everything after that like my desk, bathroom and kitchen.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I come from a strong family so I know my family would be fine and would want me to help others.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Vince Papale- Invincible. A great biopic about a man who was never given an opportunity until years after. Once given the chance he executed and earned his keep.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity has always been my size difference. I have always been overlooked because of my size. So I took matters into my own hands and did everything I possible could to be better than those who are taller than me. I lifted, ran and snapped better than anyone across the country.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play of my college career was when I made a score saving tackle against the U. Of Washington while having a great snap in the back of our end zone.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dedication- Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My work ethic has let me reach levels I should have never been at.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my childhood friend who was killed while I was at school. I’d like to have one last day with him as he was one of my great friends from my hometown.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Boogie Bear
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I feel everyone playing at the NFL level have their respected reasons for being there and no one person there is overrated or should be undermined.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I feel respect goes a long way both on and off the field. Respect is a key to success as being liked can only get you things you want. While having respect you earn your keep.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I felt Colin Kaepernick wasn’t given a fair opportunity to stay on a team because of his personal views rather than his athletic talent. I feel that football is a place where your play speaks for itself.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I live to succeed, I always give it my all to do the best I can in all phases of live. I strive to reach my goals and challenge myself to do my best. Failure is a part of the process in life and has always been a bad taste in my mouth.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have always been my role models in everything I do. To be able to succeed with all the cards they were dealt with always pushes me to keep going when I want to give up. They have had every excuse not to make it but took matters into their own hand and gave it there all.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash in P… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Let me ask you something has any of my followers ever filed for Lemon Law? If you have contact me via dm. I'm inte… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for April 22, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago