NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Zeke Walker
• Height: 6020
• Weight: 215
• Position: S/Hybrid LB
• College: Indiana/Southeastern Louisiana
• Twitter: @zeke_walker2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Columbia, SC : it’s a cool place , I like being close to different spots that I grew up around.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, practice, film study. I list these in this order because without having
What do you worry about, and why?
• I tend to worry about things that doesn’t even pertain to me. That’s just me. I’m a genuine person so i tend to make sure other people are straight before I am at times
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve failed at making a certain play when it presented itself. I overcame it by film preparation and technique
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Long arms. People shouldn’t be able to stay on or really grab me
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Saquon Barkley
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family, because they family
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Hulk, he beast mode
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Redshirt freshman year 2015-16 season , Ohio state game I broke my foot and that was the same night my mom later on told me she had a cancer. Eventually I just started grinding harder because she is my why
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• 6th grade going to the same math class twice
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• First career pick six
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Peewee Longway – Chasing
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Fast learner
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Grandad , because he was full of knowledge
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Freaks come out at night
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I do not believe there is an overrated NFL player
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Any player that has had some kind of domestic violence related issue because those are things you can control and could have been avoided
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate losing
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mom and dad, I’ve seen them struggle and seen stuff at a young age that anyone that age shouldn’t have to or even go through!