- Warren Messer
- Elon University
- Twitter: @Messy3_
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 CAA Football First Team Defense.
- 93 Total Tackles – 11.0 TFL – 4.0 Sacks – 1 INT.
What is your name?
- My name is Warren Messer.
Where do you play College Football?
- I play football at Elon University.
What position do you play?
- My position is Linebacker.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11 3/4″ 226lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I never participated in youth sports, but I always played football and basketball in the neighborhood growing up.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- The toughest player I competed against in college was Kyle Lauletta, Quarterback for the New York Giants.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, I listen to music before the games. I like listening to Drake and Lucci because Drake makes me think about the current moment and opportunity that’s in front of me. And, I like listening to Lucci because his music makes me think about how I developed as a young man and where I come from.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Yes, I always take a cold shower before I put on my pads and uniform.
Who is your role model & why?
- LeBron James because the guy is everything I want to be. He strives to be great with every opportunity the Lord gives him and I respect that. Also, we come from similar stories/ background, which is being raised by a single parent in poverty.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class in college was philosophy and my least favorite was astronomy.
What made you choose Elon University?
- I chose Elon University because it was my first scholarship offer and I was well aware of the degree/education Elon has to offer. Also, it was really close to my hometown (Raleigh, NC).
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience I had in college was going aboard to Costa Rica with my teammates. It was my favorite experience because It was my first time out of the country and that’s something I will remember forever.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite NFL team is the Patriots because I love how the organization take underdog players and make them stars in the league. My favorite NFL player has always been Ray Lewis because I love the passion he has for the game.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- If I could be in any movie of my choice, I would want to be in Gladiator. I would want to be Maximus because he never wanted to denied. He had a relentless attitude every time he went to war.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- I would want to have dinner with Barack Obama, LeBron James and Martin Luther King because these men are great examples of leaders.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Muhammad Ali because he never forgot where he came from and he is a hero for African Americans. Also, he was a very funny human being.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite superhero is the Hulk because he’s awesome.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is being committed to a goal and striving day in/out of achieving that goal every day.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Most unexpected lesson I learned was how to eat your food at a dinner table.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Just enjoy everything you do and never take anything for granted.
Why do you wear #3?
- I wear number three because every defensive football player in my family wore that number in college and it’s just a legacy, I wanted to keep alive.
What is the best part of your hometown, Garner, NC?
- The best part about my hometown is always going back to see Trojan Stadium, family, and its an All-American city.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron because he’s the greatest of all time.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Ps4 guy. I just play Madden and NCAA 14
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My most memorable moment as a student-athlete, was getting an interception in the final seconds of the game against Rhode Island to close the game.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Play in the NFL.
- Buy my mom a house.
- Make everyone equal.
What is your hidden talent?
- Fixing things around the house.
If there is a book written about Warren Messer, what is the title?
- “The Rose that Grew from the Concrete.” That would be the title.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Meet LeBron James.
- Go skydiving.
- Travel the world.
Are you binge-watching anything right now?
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would use it to perfect my craft in the game of football in any type of way.
If you could tackle any NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- I would like to tackle Reggie Bush because he was my favorite college football player of all time and I cried when he lost in the Rose Bowl to Texas.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Warren Messer?
What is your inspiration?
- My inspiration is to give back to less fortunate kids that come from unstable backgrounds.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- I try to compare myself to the Eric and Mychal Kendrick’s because they’re undersized linebackers like myself.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect: Jalen Tolbert, WR, University of South Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/jalen-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/OksBbv6QCs
about 37 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Gene Coleman II, WR, University of Delaware nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/gene-c… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: David Knox, DL, Lindenwood University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/david-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/HxAyNELcJc
about 1 hour ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Akayleb Evans, CB, Tulsa/Transfer Portal nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/akayle… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/sUVOv8RzOC
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for May 12, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Akayleb Evans. Together we...
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...