NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Shaquille James, DB, West Chester University
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Shaquille James
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 183
- Position: DB
- College: West Chester University
- Twitter: Shaqattack_XXI
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- What I love the most about Philadelphia, Pa is the cheesesteaks and the gritty mentality it taught me to have.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- First practice because that’s the only way you get better with reputation. Second film study because that is the mental part of the game. Last strength and conditioning because you must prepare your body to perform at the highest level you can play at.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Being able to feed my family.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I was struggling in my finance class all semester. I started going to my professor office hours to get extra help worked hard and passed the final.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- That I’m a hard worker and I give it my all.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Marcus Johnson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If I couldn’t play football I’d probably become a coach
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family member
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Timmy from Timmy Turner he had two fairies that grants him any wishes he wanted.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Having to sit out two straight seasons and coming back in top shape ready to compete for a starting spot.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Running for the bus and it pull off when I got close to it.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My first career interception went for a touchdown to win the game. It was the final play my father witnesses me make before he passed away.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Dreams and Nightmares (Meek Mill)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- The most important trait I can take to succeed at the next level is my work ethic; no matter what role I would have on a team I’m always going 110%.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My dad
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Turnt Up
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Nobody is overrated in the NFL.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Ray Rice was having a good career making one mistake ended his career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom because everything she been through she stayed strong and made sure everybody was ok.