In 2003, the Rooney Rule named after Dan Rooney, the onetime head of the NFL’s diversity committee imposed a rule that all head coaching positions must interview at least one minority for the position available.
In 2009, the Rooney Rule was strengthened to General Managers positions as well. Now in 2018, another rule has been created. NFL teams determined on Wednesday that NFL owners must interview a minority candidate from outside their organization or candidates from a league-approved list.
The rule was being abused and now the NFL is stepping in to make sure it is fair. Many teams know already what direction they want to go, but this will at least make NFL teams do their homework. Will they change? HELL NO, but it is a start.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Gerald McCoy leaves Cleveland, still talking to them on terms, but will visit Ravens next… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Was Antonio Brown telling the truth about Steelers QB Big Ben Roethlisberger? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/steele…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Brian Kearns Jr., RB, Stonehill College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/brian-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Brennan Sefick, DB, Waynesburg Univerity… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Playboy Model Shoots Her Shot with Soccer Star Neymar after He Skips Soccer Awards to Hang with Rihanna bit.ly/2W42Jyu
about 52 mins ago via IFTTT