- Marcus Jones
- Gannon University
- Twitter: @JonesMarcus14
2018 Accolades & Statistics
- 2018 PSAC Football Western Division All-Conference Offensive First Team.
- 277 carries – 1,708 yards – 6.17 YPC – 21 TDs.
What is your name?
- Marcus Jones.
Where do you play College Football?
- Gannon University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11″ 231lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Matt Judon (Grand Valley State).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Anything Lil Baby.
Do you have any superstitions before a game?
- If so, what are they? Writing down my thoughts, short and long term goals the morning of game day.
Who is your role model & why?
- My parents and HS Coach Dave Bors they have both constantly put me in uncomfortable situations to become a better person in life and on the football field.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite would be my Law class with Judge Trucilla there is no better way to learn hands on than to have class in an actual court room and have the class be taught by a judge of Pennsylvania. My least favorite would be Theology II.
What made you choose Gannon University?
- Distance from home and the location of the campus being in downtown Erie was a lot different than being at the previously University of Findlay which as the opposite.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- The connections you make with your peers, professors and people in the community who grow to care about you I feel that I will have life long relationships with a lot of people here at Gannon outside of football.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Cowboys were my favorite team growing up. Although he was far before my time I grew up watching a lot of Earl Campbell a father figure to me (Travis Whitehair) loved to comparing our running styles even at a young age.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Friday Night Lights & Boobie Miles (Derek Luke) can recite the whole movie.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- LeBron James
- Jim Brown
- Dr. King
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Dr. King because I would love to pick his brain and hear opinions on how things are handled in the situations that occur in today’s society.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Not a big super hero guy.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is reaching an uncomfortable state and still giving 100% effort and putting your best foot forward.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- I learned to control what only you can control and “obstacles are what you see when you lose sight of your long term goals.”
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I wish I could go back and tell my freshman self to take nutrition seriously.
Why do you wear #4?
- Tray Smith (deceased at age 20) Is my cousin who wore #4 Had so much ahead of him in life and an even better football player.
What is the best part of your hometown, Painesville, OH?
- Best part of my hometown is the football atmosphere the community is so involved in what’s going on with the high schools in the area it made high school an unforgettable experience.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron!! He is the King for a reason.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox one. 2K, Madden, Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My final collegiate game was in 8-10 inches of snow and I rushed for 418 yards and 7 Touchdowns.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Get my family out of the tough circumstances they are in.
- That everyone would stop caring what others thought of them.
- Leave a legacy wherever I go.
If there is a book written about Marcus Jones, what is the title?
- “Heart of a Savage.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Play Pro Ball.
- Impact the youth.
- Go to Vegas.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Gardner Minshew Injury Update, Is Minshew’s time in J-Ville done? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/gardne…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Thursday Thanksgiving NFL DFS ift.tt/363b0WK
about 42 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Teddy Bridgewater Injury Update, Teddy is practicing today… nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/teddy-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Week 12 Fantasy Football Rankings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darren… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RyCCY0YsCC
about 1 hour ago