- NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Report: Kyle Hill, WR, St. Anselm College by Matt Anzio
- Player: Kyle Hill
- Position: Wide receiver
- School: St Anselm College
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 180
- Draft: 2019
- Projected Forty Time: 4.44
- Projected Round: 7th – UDFA
- Hometown: Upper Marlboro, MD
- Jersey Number: 2
Stats & Awards
- Played in 9 games
- Had 566 yds 62.9
ypgavg & 3 TD’s
- Had 9 catches for 71 yds, 57 PR yds, 22 KR yds & a TD 150 yds from Scrimmage against Stonehill 9/8/18
- 10 catch, 88 yds vs Assumption 9/14/18
- 4 catch 68 yds 1 TD vs Pace U 10/ 10/ 18
- Participated in the National Bowl
- Invited to The National Bowl ( attended), HBCU Spirit of America
Bowl , PodyumAll-Star & BSN Combine in Indy which he is attending.
- Played in 10 games
- 30 catch, 291 yds 5 TD’s also returned 13 punts
- Caught 1st TD of the year vs New Haven 9/16/17
- 77 yds vs Stonehill 9/ 23/17
- 49 yd grab vs American Int’l 9/30/17
- Returned 6 punts for 61 yrs vs Merrimack 10/28/17
- Started all 11 games in 16 & had 88 catches for 1,091 yds & 11 TD’s
- His 1,091 yds & 11 TD’s where 3rd highest in school history.
- Ha 6 games with over 100 yds receiving
- Led his conference with receiving yds per game avg 99.2
- All-Northeast Conference -10 All-Rookie Team 2016
- 7 catches 150 yds & a TD vs LIU 10/9/16
- 8 catches 143 yds 1 TD vs Merrimack
- 12 catch 125
yd2 TD vs
WR/Slot/KR/ST Kyle Hill is an explosive tough wideout that can go across the middle or over the top. Long Lean tough wideout with blazing quickness & amazing extension. Has the athletic ability to make DB’s look silly. Kyle also has the toughness needed to make grabs in traffic or block in the run game or on special teams. Consistently putting up good numbers in college & everything I have seen thus far after the season like the National Bowl watched Hill make some nice grabs both in practice & in the game.
In the Pass Game:
Knows the route tree like a Pro never quits on plays goes hard when he breaks off the top of routes. Top flight fluidity smooth cuts in both his route running & his YAC yardage. Ridiculous Catch radius ability to go up highpoint balls horizontally to vertically gifted. Able to sneak in between the combination coverages. Ball Tracking skills are outstanding strong hands can find the ball in traffic & pick it out the air secures the ball. Great sideline awareness understands how to use it, knows how to tap the toes for the completion. Not afraid to go across the middle uses his shiftiness to avoid incident but can bounce off defenders as well at times. Avoids tackles with his elusive athleticism his Stop n Go is so natural it almost looks effortless. Comes off the line with speed & intensity. Super athletic pass catcher that can be a special talent as a shifty tough slot wideout in the NFL.
Blocking & Special Teams
Shows good effort/ willingness in the blocking game uses good pad level as well as quickness to block or get in the way of defenders. Understands blocking schemes on screenplays & bubble passes. As a slot receiver, he is naturally a tough player & Has shown some explosiveness in the return game. Snaking through traffic with his
These slot wide outs are asked to do a lot these days.
Kyle Hill is sort of the Swiss Army knife of prospects with the heart of a warrior.
Consistently putting up big numbers in the passing game he has shown he can be a weapon in the return game Hill looked good at the National Bowl now he aims to turn some heads at the BSN combine in Indy. Think with some good numbers with individual drills could be the cherry on top of Hill’s hardworking offseason. He could find his way into being a day 3 sleeper or priority Free Agent next April. Hill could be a star in an RPO, West-Coast or Spread style offense in the slot he has the toughness mixed with inspired athletic ability. You can tell just by talking with Kyle his passion & his determination to take every opportunity presented to him. One of my favorite small school wide out’s cause he is a dynamic, fun & game-changing prospect to watch. Mark my words, Kyle Hill will be suiting up on Sundays in the near future.