NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: John Repp, DB, Langston University
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: John Repp
• Height: 6’2”
• Weight: 205
• Position: FS/OLB
• College: Langston University
• Twitter: John_Repp2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from a small town where everyone knows what is going on so I stay on my P’s and Q’s at all times
- Strength and Conditioning, Practice and Film Study. I chose this order because you first have to prepare your body and mind for war then study your opponent on how to dominate each rep that is played.
- I worry about not being good enough, I strive to be the best at anything I am doing whether I am playing cards or taking a test in class.
- I had a situation where I was a credit shy the semester before the season and had to sit out do to being ineligible. It wasn’t caught till late but I grinder for the whole year and got my grades right so I could finish out my college career.
- I bring a whole different type of energy to the field. I have ran the same defense for 5 years so my teammates could look to me and know I knew what to call
- Chris Mclenden my sophomore year, he played running back at Oklahoma Panhandle and was drafted into the NFL.
- I would be a coach of some sport. I have always been involved in all sports growing up and very well prepared to lead young kids to success
- I would have to clean my room first. That’s my happy place, and i have minor OCD so it needs to be in order.
- I would chose three strangers, my family members would know where I am coming from and would probably do the same thing.
- B-Rad in Malibu’s most wanted. I would turn that movie up to a whole new level.
- Adversity happens on a daily basis and I choose not to measure how hard something is, I just strive to get through it.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My granny, she passed when I was young and she never got to see me grow up.
- White Chocolate
- I can’t even say, they are all doing something I would love to do so props to them.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be liked. Respect can be earned in many different ways.
- Stevie Clark, played basketball against him and highschool and he was the truth.
- I hate to lose.
- My Dad, he has bee the biggest role model and leader I could have asked for growing up.