NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Darrell McEntire
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 195
• Position: Defensive back
• College: Albion College
• Twitter: Rellyfocus
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Detroit Michigan, Coming From a place where I think it’s a lot of underrated talent But we are making progress. The thing I love the most is that it’s many resources & people around that’s willing to help you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study and Strength and Conditioning I feel that because practice make perfect, you practice enough times it becomes natural. Film work becomes second because you learn your opponents to you study them, you find out their strengths and weaknesses also. Strength and conditioning comes last because hard work beats talent any day, but hard work and talent is nothing without the education and understanding of the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about letting my teammates down the most, because if I’m not giving it my all why should they.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure? A Time in my life where I left like I had underachieved something was in my bio class. Bio can be really tuff at times so I had to continue to go to office hours and get help by tutors to complete the course which I did.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Being a leader on and off the field being a person they can come talk to about anything. Always a humble person never get the big head.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Demetrius Stinson and Darece Roberson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’m a communication major, I’m going into journalism
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My mother that’s my heart and soul she’s been there no matter what.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Chris Tucker I love making jokes all the time I’m a funny person.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my brother a couple days before my game, I was in a dark place but god pulled me through.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I think one of my most embarrassing moments was when I came in from class I was super tired so I decided to take a nap, as I took my nap and woke up I thought it was time for weight lifting so I started getting dress.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
I caught a INT on the opening drive to set the tone of the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil baby Dreams to reality
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
•Taking care of my body and networking
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My father he has missed out on my life due to death.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Don’t Stop Just move it move it
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected I never really cared about who liked me, like is for the moment, respect last forever respect is earn like is giving.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice I feel like a made a mistake I don’t think he’s that type of man I think his wife can agree with that.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose but that’s something that comes with the game.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My people’s back at home it’s nothing like hearing them say you doing something right, everybody don’t get a chance to make it to school or to play ball.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Did You See This:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PB4lqPjyJb
about 27 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/raymon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VnaSgMW3QO
about 3 hours ago