NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Boogie Roberts
• Height: 6020
• Weight: 295
• Position: DL
• College: San Jose State University
• Twitter: @Boogiethegoat8
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from South Central Los Angeles. I love it so much because it’s not the best of places to grow up but it has produced so many great people in different work fields because the odds are stacked against us it makes us tough it teaches us to put are head down and just grind and go to work everyday on what every craft that may be and it teaches us to not make excuses for or situations and also how to work hard to improve it
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study ,practice, S&C, because watching film gives you an advantage and allowed you to play fast,practice fast and have confidence you can be the most in shape and strongest person but if you don’t know your assignment and your out there thinking to much because your not prepared then it won’t end well
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry I know god has a plan for me and the cream always rises to the top
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say I’m funny a leader a huge people person I can hold a conversation with a complete stranger
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• With out football man lord knows where I would be. This game has opened so many doors for me it allowed me to go to college for free and earn my degree also network and meet so many great people that I will call fiends for the rest of my life it tough me how to be a man how to have and take care of responsibility and how to jus grind when things go wrong
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Clean my room first then desk then car my room is where I wake up where I lay my head my room is a representation of how my mom raised me then my desk is were I get my work done so it must be neat then my car my friends love to leave trash in the back lol
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If I had to save someone it would be my Mom she’s the love of my life
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I had to pick I would wanna be anybody that works for ESPN or NFL Network I love the jobs there broadcasting teams to
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity would be just not coming from much but not letting that define me I didn’t let my situation growing up set the stage for my life my mom was hard on me school was always first then sports my mom was sick growing up so just making her happy was all ways the most important thing to me
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was acting bad in class in elementary school on my bday and I didn’t know my parents were coming to throw me a surprise party so I end up getting in trouble in front of the whole class and had to watch them eat my cake and everything
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• A motivated worker a underdog mindset with chip on his shoulder
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Dad so he can see all the great things about to happen in my life
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My touchdown run this year very rare a dl gets to run the ball let alone score
- Also sacking one of my closest friends Troy Williams U
niversityof Utah QB
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ryan Shazier man I feel so so bad for him
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. I feel if you love to win you should already hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mom because I’ve watched her sacrifice so much for me and work so hard to try and give me the best life she just inspires me to be the best person possible. Also my little brother because he looks up to me and I have to be a great role model to him
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Middle Tennessee WR C.J. Windham nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/c-j-wi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rondal… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago
- Calais Campbell positive too twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 18 mins ago
- Two Primetime games lost because of COVID I’d be pissed too twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 25 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: David Montgomery Injury Update, Is he playing week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/mtilo2rCFp
about 28 mins ago