NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Blake Levin, K, Faulkner University
- Name: Blake Levin
- Height: 5’10”
- Weight: 186
- Position: Kicker
- College: Faulkner University/Bowling Green State University
- Twitter: @blizzyblake307
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is in Wyoming so there isn’t much there but the military base and rodeos. My favorite thing about my hometown is that it’s a big city but everyone comes together like family. You never feel like you aren’t wanted somewhere or don’t belong.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study
- Strength and Conditioning
- Film study is important because of you can’t see what you did wrong and correct it you won’t get any better so it will make practice pointless if you can’t practice to correct your wrongs. Strength and conditioning I put second because without it you wouldn’t have the strength physically or mentally to be able to overcome obstacles in games.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my future and what it holds but it’s in God’s hands as to what happens.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I missed a game winning field goal against LA Valley in junior college as I was overcoming an injury. The very next week I had watched tons of film and put it together to hit the game winner in overtime on Halloween.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• “Respect because of the way he talk’s to people regardless of their social class or upbringing and he really does treat the janitor like the head coach.” – Malik Washington, Teammate Faulkner
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Against I’m not sure to be honest. There’s so much talent to have played with I would have to say either Teo Redding or Clayton Nicholas. Those two guys were unreal.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A college football coach or helping run or running my own football camps for specialists.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My room, you can’t have a dirty room. That’s a major no.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member. Family means everything to me and being able to keep them alive is everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I could be anyone I would be the Flash, because then I could have been a Wide Receiver and have no problem scorching DB’s.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was when I tore my quad in junior college. I was having an amazing season and it happened in practice so I had to overcome the injury as we were still in season and managed to come back and make a 47 yard field goal in our bowl game.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I was warming up in a high school game and as I did a kickoff I didn’t notice the ball on the ground in front of me and slipped and fell on it…the fans got a good laugh out of it.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play would come down to my game winner in overtime, or my game winner against our rivals who were a top 15 team in the country at the time and I made a 45 yard game winner with seconds to go.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hell and Back by Kid Ink. I’ll go through the lowest of lows to make it back to the top regardless of the circumstances.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Your mentality. If you aren’t there with your mind you won’t be able to succeed and get past the mental blocks of the next level, just like Markelle Fultz.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• One person I would bring back would be Albert Einstein just to pick his mind. He was so smart and intellectual that being able to talk with him for one day would be life changing.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Blizzy’z. It’s short and sweet rolls off of your tongue. Sounds like it would be a pretty hopping spot to.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I wouldn’t say there are any that are overrated as they did what they needed to to make it to the NFL and not many get that opportunity so making it there alone is a struggle.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because then you mean something to people where as being liked doesn’t get you much or have meaning.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt. It just happened so it’s so soon to tell but being let go by the chiefs already is a huge issue as he is one of the best running backs in the league. So to have this all come out months after it happened and he was never charged really hurts his career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love winning as much as anyone but there’s nothing like losing. I hate losing, it’s a feeling you can’t get out of your gut.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad, mom and brothers and sisters. They raised me and grew me into who I am today and without them as influences I probably wouldn’t be where I am now.