- Name: Alex Thompson
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 305
- Position: OL/TE
- College: Charleston Southern University
- Twitter: dablkhoss
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Spartanburg, SC is a small city located about 70 miles away from the large city of Charlotte, NC (located north of Spartanburg) and about 180 miles away from the large city of Atlanta, GA (located south of Spartanburg). Spartanburg is presently on the brink of growth with new restaurants and businesses opening all over the city. This is proof of the support that others provide for those seeking better opportunities. Not only am I fond of the location of Spartanburg, but I also love the fact that people in this city are supportive of those who are seeking paths to success. I truly love my hometown.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and conditioning are at the top of my list because it is important that your body is equipped to physically perform on the field. Film study is needed so that you can learn your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses and it makes you aware of strategies that your opponent may use. This can help you in being prepared during the game. Practice helps to perfect your techniques and strategies and gives time for you and your teammates to develop a game plan.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Sometimes I worry about the unknown, however, I quickly eliminate my worries through prayer.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- In middle school, I played baseball on my school’s baseball team. My goal was to become a starting player. I worked as hard as I could during practice and in the weight room, but I still did not make the starting string. One day, I got my chance to play and I struck out. I was devastated, however, I refused to give up. I continued to work hard, but this time, I prayed and asked God for what I wanted. I also began training on the weekends with a former baseball player. I kept a positive attitude. My coach recognized my efforts and gave me another chance to play. I learned that I couldn’t let my failures take control of me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates would say my best qualities are my attitude, and the energy I bring to those around me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Demarcus Walker, the Defensive End from Florida State that now plays with the Denver Broncos.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I want to be a Pharmacist and eventually open my own pharmacy.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- The room is first. I do not like a messy room, and it is where I spend most of my off time.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Being honest, I would have to save one family member. I love my family to death.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Sherlock Holmes, his deductive reasoning is flawless, to say the least.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Being a walk-on would be my biggest adversity in life. It was not only tough financially, but mentally as well. My hard work and perseverance paid off and I earned a scholarship.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- The year that I played 9th-grade baseball. I was dragging my baseball bag to the bus, and I tripped over it and fell in front of the whole school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My first play against, Florida State when I sealed a block against Derwin James for my running back to strike out a big run.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Get it Out the Mud by Kevin Gates
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Energy and Passion, that is your fuel and drive to keep you going and on top.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- It would be my grandfather, John “Reb” Brown. Everybody tells me how I favor him on and off the field. I have been told he was a one of a kind football player back in the day. He is known as a top 100 all-time football player in SC State’s history. I would want to know what happened to the opportunity he had to play in the NFL. I would also want him to see me. I know he would be proud of me. I would also love to learn from him as well.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- 808’s because it sounds cool and the 808 bass is the best part about music.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- It’s hard to name an overrated NFL football player. It seems like an oxymoron because they are all so great. Also, I haven’t had the chance yet to see for myself.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, I would rather you hate me for who I am than love me for who I am not.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I feel the most for Sean Taylor. It is unfortunate that his off the field issue was him getting killed. He was a great football player and his NFL career ended too soon.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents, to see where they came from to where they now motivate me to be the best that I can be in everything that I do, just like they did.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/raymon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VnaSgMW3QO
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 20, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago