NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Wesley Bush
- Height: 6’1
- Position: DB
- College: Middle Tennessee State University
- Twitter: @Wes_B2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I grew up on the road of Sandyland found in Macon MS. I loved the fact that my family and friends were always close by.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Practice and Strength and Conditioning
Film study comes first because, I can watch my opponents and get tips on plays and route combinations. Practice is important to perfect my technique and to be well prepared for my opponent with the help of film/coaching. Strength and conditioning will help me maintain good health and be able to play a full season of football.
What do you worry about, and why?
- My future family and my family back home. I want to allow my own family to be able to have things I never could. I also want them grow up differently from how I did. I definitely need to become the helping hand for my family back home because it is needed.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I can’t describe a moment by detail but, when I fail at something I used it as a learning curve to get better at it and also better myself.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My Speed and ability to make plays.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Devin Singletary, Benny Snell Jr and Richie James
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- This is a very hard question but, I would choose to save the three strangers, because that’s three families that would be impacted by me saving one individual family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Goku, from Dragon Ball Z because you can never underestimate him and he always pushes forward through adversity.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity in life would be growing up in Macon MS, were your percentage of getting out is slim. I would say I have overcome my adversity by being the first boy of my family to graduate high school and now getting ready to graduate from MTSU. Also, having a chance of playing in the NFL and turning my dreams into reality.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Slipping getting off the school bus my senior year.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Every big play I have made this season coming up to the Conference Championship
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Astronaut Kid & Rags to Riches both songs by NBA YOUNG BOY
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My Speed, Ability and Eyes
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My Uncle Terry because, through all his wrong in life, he pushed me to make smart decisions. He told me to never give up on my dreams and he never turned his back on me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Sandland Saloon
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I really can’t say because, I haven’t faced them just yet.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because respect goes a long way. I really don’t care about who likes me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Reuben Foster, because he had it all in front of him and now his chances are slim of continuing his career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose but, if I do, I just learn from the loses.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My Parents, they have always believed in me through ups and downs and they continue to love and care for me.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Tom Brady is the best quarterback ever, he has 54 NFL records to prove it nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/tom-br… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:Tiki Barber agrees with the Giants trading Odell Beckham Jr. nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/odell-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/vLrP4B2KkZ
about 45 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Browns GM and Head Coach show up to Kareem Hunt’s baptism to support him on his decision… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Did You See This:Could the Jets trade Leonard Williams? His contract is huge in 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/leonar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Last Chance:XFL Diamonds: Potential Prospects for the XFL 2020 – Defensive Front 7 Edition nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/xfl-3/… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro