NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Troy Reeder, LB, University of Delaware
- Troy Reeder
- University of Delaware
- Twitter: @troyreeder9
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 CAA Football First Team Defense.
- 89 Total Tackles – 7.0 TFL – 1.5 Sacks – 1 INT – 1 FF – 1 FR – 1 Blocked Kick.
What is your name?
- Troy Reeder.
Where do you play College Football?
- University of Delaware.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’2” 244lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Lacrosse- US Lacrosse High School All-American.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Ezekiel Elliott.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, a combination of just about everything.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- My brother and I go out on the field in warm up and have a catch in our end-zone every game.
Who is the better athlete, Mom (Elizabethtown Pa. College Basketball) or Dad (5th Round Draft pick of the Los Angeles Raiders in 1985)?
- Tough call but have to say Mom. She can still shoot the lights out. Won a National Title at E-Town.
Who is your role model & why?
- My dad. He’s the hardest worker in everything he does. He has instilled that in my brother and I. I look up to him and all he has been able to accomplish throughout his life.
You are a Finance major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I like business and would like to pursue a career in Commercial Real Estate investment and development. Finance is the major that can best prepare me for that route.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite: International Finance.
- Least: Entomology.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- UDance. Awesome event that raises money for childhood cancer.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- San Diego Chargers; Ladanian Tomlinson. Loved the way he could take over a game, he was so well rounded and competitive.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Miracle. Jim Craig (Eddie Cahill).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Will Ferrell.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Achilles. Greatest warrior of all time.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Iron Man. Doesn’t have super powers but created his own character
What is your definition of hard work?
- Leaving everything you have out there in whatever it is that you are doing. Competing in all aspects of your life.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Be the same guy every day. When things are going great, stay humble. When things are going poorly, stay positive.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Time goes by fast. Take it all in and make the most of every single day.
Why do you wear #9?
- It was given to me as a freshman quarterback on the varsity football team. I took it in lacrosse the following spring and it stuck ever since.
What is the best part of your hometown, Hockessin, DE?
- Nice, small town. Two Cousins’ buffalo chicken pizza.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron? Why?
- LeBron. Consistently makes average teams great.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Being elected captain at the end of spring ball going into my junior season.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- My deceased grandfather to be able to see one of my college games.
- Great health for all my family and friends.
- World peace.
What is your hidden talent?
- Eye brow dance.
If there is a book written about Troy Reeder, what is the title?
- “The Road Less Traveled.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Don’t have anything.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- The Office.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- On the beach.
If you could sack any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady because he’s the GOAT.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Delaware football team?
- National championship, conference championship, All-American.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Troy Reeder, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- My family.