NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Traybion Smith, LB, Mars Hill University
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Traybion Smith
• Height: 6’0
• Position: Inside Linebacker
• College: Mars Hill University
• Twitter: @TraybionS
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I love that almost everyone is involved in sports so it makes you pick one and stick with it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- I believe that film study is most important when it comes to playing football because you must know your opponents tendencies and it gives you and edge to make a big play. After film study I believe that practice is next because there is always room for improvement. If you are not practicing, everybody else around you is getting better and you aren’t . Then lastly I believe it’s conditioning then strength because you can’t always win on the knockout punch , but if you can out last someone then you can win the battle.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about finding a profession that suits me because I would not want to doing something everyday that I do not enjoy .
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- There have been classes I’ve failed due to lack of studying but I learned to overcome by being more efficient on my time management skills.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Being able to read & React
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- The best played I played against in college would have to be Antonio Winbush , RB From Carson Newman.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Owning a bail bonds business .
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- I would clean my room first because that is where I start off my day . Once I’ve cleaned my room I can go on and finish the rest of my daily tasks.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would save my family member because family comes first .
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be the flash because he has super speed .
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity in life was overcoming the dislike of school and understanding that my education is the most important thing.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Throwing up in the lunch room as a child
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- 4th down goaline stop with 5 seconds left in the game .
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Can’t be stopped – DMX
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I have the will to be a great student of the game as well as an athlete .
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I would bring back my sister’s father because every daughter needs their dad .
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- “ The Spot “
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Richard Sherman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I’d rather be respected because that means I did something to earn it.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Michael Vick because he had a lot going for himself at the time and he had to restart all over because of bad decisions .
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom my grandma and aunt because they’ve went through a lot to get me where I am today .