- Name: Thomas Shepard
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 205
- Position: SS
- College: Trinity International University
- Twitter: @Profess96
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I was born and raised in Hammond, Louisiana. The thing I love most about Hammond is my family and friends. The people is why I love Hammond.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and conditioning would be my first because you have to prepare your body to be able to play your best and stay healthy. Second would be film study because you need to learn your opponent and get mental reps. Third would be practice because you get a chance to get reps against what you studied in film
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about regret. A lot of my life decisions center around having the least amount of regret as possible. I wanna live a fun life and a life I can be proud of. Regrets can be your downfall in the end.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My Freshmen year I failed to make varsity on the basketball team. At first I was disappointed but I used that to drive me to get better and I was on varsity the rest of my high school years.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates would say my best quality would be caring for my teammates.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Joe Conner, Running Back for the Concordia Cardinals.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If I couldn’t play football I would be a coach for either basketball or football. I wanna have an impact on people’s lives.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would have to choose my family member. I am family oriented and don’t see myself leaving them behind.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Rocky, he always fought to the end.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity in life so far was losing my Grandfather. I dealt with it by being the type of man he would be proud of.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing was during an AAU tournament. We were playing against Brandon Sampson and I happened to be guarding him on this play. He crossed me over and hit the shot after the crowd went crazy.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The most memorable play of my college career was my first sack.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Stronger- Kanye West
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- The most important trait I have that will help me succeed at the next level is my humbleness.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I would bring back my nephew Noah. I want to see the man he would of grown to be
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Shep’s Block Party
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Joe Flacco
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I want to be respected. Respect is hard to earn and easy to lose.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Johnny Manziel, he’s someone I want to see be successful in football. His effort to get better in his personal life speaks to his growth and maturity.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My father because he showed me what it’s like to work hard and be the man of the household.Never wanted for anything growing up and he always respected my mom.