NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Daniel Taz Lindsey, WR, Charleston Southern University
- Name: Daniel Taz Lindsey
- Height: 5’7
- Position: Slot Receiver/ Return Specialist
- College: (Feather River College)
- Twitter: @Taz_lindsey4
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Augusta, Ga home of the Masters but there’s everything to love about my hometown, Great food, great people, great environment no other place like it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and Conditioning, practice then film study I believe you can’t excel at one without the other they all play a big part in going out and producing on game days.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I try not to worry and stress about much because I know everything that’s happening or will have is all in God’s will and part of his plan for me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My senior year of high school I had a good bit of offers from FCS programs and D2 Schools but I failed to get my grades and I wasn’t a qualifier so I had to go to junior college and I overcame that whole situation and was still able to live out my dream of playing Division 1 football.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My feet and quickness, I can make someone miss in a heartbeat. Very elusive and shifty player
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- I can’t even say, too many to name even when I was in junior college I played against great players.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I’ll most likely be a businessman, own my own gym and a restaurant something of that nature.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Definitely my room, I spend the most time there and I take pride in keeping the place where I lay my head at every night in good condition.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I’ll try to save everyone, but I feel like there’s a reason God made me and that one person family so I’ll definitely try to save my family. Family means a lot to me!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I’ll probably want to be Will Smith in the movie Hancock, I like to look at myself as someone who enjoys helping others and not looking for anything in return.
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
- My dad not being able to be in my life, I just found something I love doing and I stuck with it. Nobody else had to motivate me to do anything I always wanted better for myself.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Getting hit really hard my freshman year of high school and fumbling in the 3rd round of the playoffs.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My junior year I made like 3 guys miss on a punt return against Mississippi Valley state and I took it to the house.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- YFN Lucci- Made for it
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Work ethnic without a work ethic there’s no way you can succeed, there are a million other players out here working just like you. You have to set yourself apart and be consistent with it.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I want to bring everybody back man it’s not just one person I can name. I want to see all my falling soldiers and family members one more time.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Lol ill just be basic and name it Taz’s dance club or something like that.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- It’s a reason they’re in the NFL, I think they all are dogs some more than others but they all are good football players.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I’ll rather be respected, there’s always going to be somebody that doesn’t like you. Respect goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I was a big fan of Ray Rice as a football player I don’t agree with what he did but he was a monster on the field.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I HATE TO LOSE, that’s with anything I’m a true competitor in everything I do.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- God has the biggest influence on my life I know he always is gone come through for me and put me in the right positions at all times, I’m a firm believer in him. My mom also has some influence because she’s done a lot for me growing up and I just want to repay her for that so I go hard for her and my family!