NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Nick Miller, LB, University of Pennsylvania
- Nick Miller
- University of Pennsylvania
- Twitter: @Nick_Miller64
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 First-Team All-Ivy
- 2017 ECAC First-Team All-Star
- 104 Total Tackles – 4.5 TFL – 3.0 Sacks – 2 INTs – 3 FF – 5 FR.
What is your name?
- Nicholas Miller.
Where do you play College Football?
- University of Pennsylvania.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11″ 215lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- I played baseball and basketball when I was younger. In high school I wrestled for four years.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Karekin Brooks (Penn RB – 2016-present).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Of course I am listening to music before games. Recently I listen to a lot of Future, Lil Baby, Key Glock, and Fat Trel.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- One superstition I have is eating fruit snacks before the game those are essential but there is not real reason for it.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model is my dad because he showed me what hard work and caring for the people you love looks like.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was Cognitive Neuroscience and my least favorite class is probably any Economics Class.
What made you choose the University of Pennsylvania?
- I chose UPenn because they gave me the opportunity to play college football at a high level and get a good education.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Meeting a lot of incredible people that have achieved success in their respective fields at Penn.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite NFL team is the Dallas Cowboys and my favorite player was Brian Dawkins because he was the X-factor and did everything on the field and made plays all over the field.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would choose Toy Story and be Woody because that was one of my favorite movies as a kid.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- I would have dinner with Franklin D. Roosevelt, Nelson Mandela, and Huey P. Newton.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Hank Aaron because he is my favorite athlete ever and achieved being the greatest of his time in such rough circumstances.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite superhero is Wolverine because he is not perfect but he always gets the job done and looks out for people he cares about.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Doing the actions necessary to solidify a desired future result.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- I have learned to look at other people’s motivation for doing things in situation to explain why they make decision I do not agree with.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- No matter what happen always try to enjoy and pull the good out of whatever you are doing in any situation.
Why do you wear #47?
- It was just given to me freshman year and nobody else had it so I thought it was a blank slate that I could build my name around.
What is the best part of your hometown, New Market, MD?
- The people there are very proud and passionate to say they are from that area.
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe? Why?
- Kobe because he didn’t just make people around look better he pushed them to be better whether they wanted to or not. Also the work ethic he put behind his drive to win was unmatched in my opinion.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I don’t play video games. I never really got into them.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Being able to be on the field with some of my best friends.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- I wish that my family and all my close friends stay healthy and also that me and all my friends who are grinding are able to find their way and make it to the top of whatever we are pursuing. My last wish is to be able to take care of family and my education financially so they never have to worry again.
What is your hidden talent?
- I don’t think I have any hidden talents.
If there is a book written about Nick Miller, what is the title?
- “Grind Over Feelings.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- My bucket list is mostly traveling so three places I really want to go is anywhere in South America, Sri Lanka, and Nigeria because they all see like three completely different places in the world with completely different cultures and ways of life.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- I don’t have time to binge watch shows so I am more of a movie guy.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Check on all my loved ones and make sure they are doing well.
If you could tackle any NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Jerome Bettis or Shaun Alexander because I used play with them in NFL Street 2 and I want to know if they were actually as good as they were in the game.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Nick Miller?
What is your inspiration?
- My family and making sure I set a good example for my brothers.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Telvin Smith for the Jacksonville Jaguars or Deion Jones for the Atlanta Falcons.