NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Monty Fenner, DB, Towson University
- Monty Fenner
- Towson University
- Twitter: @_MontyFenner
- 64 Total Tackles – 1.5 TFL – 1 INT.
What is your name?
- Monty Fenner.
Where do you play College Football?
- Towson University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’0″ 194lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball, Wrestling, and Track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Tyler Wilkins (WR) Richmond.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Lil Boosie- They Dykin.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Have to do the same warm up routine every game.
Who is your role model & why?
- Mother. Single hard working parent raising 3 boys.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class was Education 202. Least favorite was Gerontology 101.
What made you choose Towson University?
- Coaches, players, and location.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Joining Omega Psi Phi.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Titans and Sean Taylor. Loved the hard hitting tackles, the game was a lot more intense back then.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Friday Night Lights. Preacher Man (Lee Jackson).
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Sean Taylor.
- Bernie Mac.
- 50 Cent.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Megalodon. Want to see how big it really was first hand.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Goku. Best super-saiyan ever.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Repetition to unlock your next potential in life.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Take advantage of college while you can, because time flies.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Should’ve stayed playing DB.
Why do you wear #8?
- It was the only single digit # available my freshman year coming in.
What is the best part of your hometown, Chesapeake, VA?
- Pleasant Park, all the memories growing up.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- Depending on the situation, but I choose Jordan because he’s the overall better player. He plays better defense then the other three and can also put up a lot of points.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4. Call of Duty, Fornite, and Red Dead Redemption.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Being honor the Wardell Turner Scholarship.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Live forever.
- $800 million wired to my bank account.
- Break John Ross 40 record.
What is your hidden talent?
If there is a book written about Monty Fenner, what is the title?
- “The Chosen One.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Hanging out with 50 Cent.
- Vacation out of United States.
- Learn Spanish.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
If you could intercept any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Steve McNair. He’s my frat brother and played for my favorite team.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Monty Fenner?
What is your inspiration?
- Keeping my family happy.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Kam Chancellor.