NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Michael Shaw, OLB, Georgia State University
- Michael Shaw
- Georgia State University
- Twitter: @Michaelshaw_25
- 47 Total Tackles – 1.0 TFL.
What is your name?
- Michael Shaw.
Where do you play College Football?
- Georgia State University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’4″ 240lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Track and field and basketball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Saquon Barkley.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yup and 21 savage and I have to play that “Never Scared” by Bone Crusher.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
Who is your role model & why?
- My mom is my role model because no matter what happens to her she finds a way to handle her situation good or bad and she’s always positive no matter what.
You are an Economics major. What made you pursue that subject?
- Sociology major now and I pursued this major because I think its very interesting to study the development, structure, and functioning of human society.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class is and least favorite class accounting.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Living on my own and being able to find myself. Also, figure out who I am.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- 49ers and my uncle Edgerton Hartwell and LaDainian Tomlinson.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Avengers and Thanos
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Michael Jackson.
- Lauren London.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- MLK and just to ask him why he did what he did to help free African Americans and what helped him stay strong through it all and kept him going.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Thor, I don’t know why lol.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Giving something your 100% all.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Sacrifice because if there’s something you really want in life you have to sacrifice something to make sure you get it.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Education can never be taken away from you and it’s really important.
Why do you wear #44?
- A number that was given to me when I first got to GSU and I just stuck with it.
What is the best part of your hometown, Suwanee, GA?
- I’m originally from Las Vegas Nevada and moved to Suwanee my freshmen year of high school but I love the town and the best part would have to be the people who live there.
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron because I got to actually watch him play and experience his greatness and I love his leadership.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4 and Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Getting my first career interception against App State my redshirt sophomore year.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Everyone to be treated equally.
- Have every superpower ever.
- Happiness for everybody.
What is your hidden talent?
- I’m a great dad.
If there is a book written about Michael Shaw, what is the title?
- “How To Face Adversity.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Visit Bora Bora.
- Do a concert with drake.
- Visit every country.
Are you binge-watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Shameless, The 100 and Last Chance U.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Hanging out with my son.
If you could tackle any NFL RB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Hershel Walker because he is one of the greatest running backs ever and it was hard for people to bring him down back in the day so I would love a shot at him.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Georgia State football team?
- Defensive player of the year and Sunbelt conference championship.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Michael Shaw, what would they be?
- Positive and Hard working.
What inspires you?
- My one-year-old son.