- Name: Marcus Swint
- Height: 5’10”
- Position: Free Safety
- College: Trinity International University
- Twitter: No Twitter, IG: swintwin_13
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I was raised in Chipley, Florida. It is a very small town where everyone knows everyone. I love the sense of community there; because it is so small, sports easily brings us all together.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and Conditioning would be first for me. Regardless of how much film you study and practice you do, if you are out of shape or not ready to compete physically, it will do you no good on game day and you would be putting yourself at risk for injury. Second would be film study. It is very important to know your opponent. There are certain plays that cannot be made without anticipation. It is also important to know the why behind your practice. I find that adequate film study and knowledge of opponent can provide a high sense of security when executing what you have been practicing.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about distraction. I worry about being so consumed in the pitfalls of this life that I miss my one true calling.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My most memorable failure was not making the basketball team when I was in 9th grade. This failure had the highest impact on my life. I was so hurt, disappointed, and honestly embarrassed that I would practice every day and every night. I would be outside shooting at midnight because I felt I was not good enough to just sleep without having given my all for that day. I ended up making the team the next two years in a row and even being part of a Final Four team in the State Championship tournament in Lakeland Florida.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates would say that my best quality is reliability. I show up I play hard until the last whistle. I do not complain or allow opposition to deter my play.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Joe Connor- RB for Concordia Ann Arbor Cardinals
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- PTA- I have a passion for Physical Therapy and helping people better themselves physically. Health and fitness are so essential in getting the most we can out of this life.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Room, I like to be comfortable in my own space.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would choose the three strangers simply because there are more lives at stake. It would be very hard but the Bible tells us to love our neighbor as ourselves.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Black Panther- I just love the role and everything he stands for culturally. I also love the suit and mask.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity would have to be my beginnings. I grew up in a struggle with a loving single mother who sacrificed everything to provide our needs. My life has always been surrounded by stress. I overcame that stress by making a decision at an early age to not let my mother’s sacrifice go to waste and to do everything in my ability to provide a less stressful life in my adulthood. I channeled my stress and sorrow into football and making good grades. I’m driven and determined.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Not making basketball team after I had played the season before.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My freshman season, the starting DB came out for one play due to a chin strap issue. I came in as a rookie and made a big hit that caused the ball to come out. That play showed my talent to the coaches and upper classman and set the tone for what kind of player I would be during my college career.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Premeditated Murder- J Cole
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Coachable- Plenty of guys are physically capable of playing at the next level. I believe being coachable can set one apart because they have the mental tools be shaped into what a coach needs for his team.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandmother. I would want her to see how far I have come and witness the harvest she planted.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Move and Groove
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Eli Manning
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. I do not care of people want to be my friend or not as long as they respect my game. Real recognizes real.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Colin Kaepernick. He took a huge stand in what he believes in. Perhaps there was a better time and or place to protest, but I love the reason behind it and realize the need to make it noticeable.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose. I am very competitive and do not like to be beaten.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My little sister Amaria Granger. She was recently diagnosed with a rare disease that is fatal and has no cure. The disease is named Niemann Pick Type c. It is a lipid digestion disorder. She is not expected to live past the age of 20. She has been in and out of hospitals her entire life. Constantly having surgery and fighting for her life. She never cries. She is the strongest girl I have ever seen. She has shown me the true definition of strength and opened my eyes that we are not promised tomorrow so we must live today.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott says he is maturing off the field and then gets cuffed in Vegas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Big Jerry signs two year extension https://t.co/GnjnSNdm5A
about 10 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- There we go twitter.com/adamschefter/s…
about 11 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Well follow me then on MySpace too!
about 13 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Preach!!!! #TweetOfTheDay twitter.com/mrswadd74/stat…
about 17 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone