NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Kenneth Trezvant, OL, Briar Cliff University
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Kenneth Trezvant
• Height: 6’5”
• Position: OL
• College: Briar Cliff University
• Twitter: @KennethTrezvant
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Modesto is a tough place country city.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study, practice, strength and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
- Not living up to who I am supposed to be because I feel like there is always a lot of pressure on me to be great.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed in Junior College when I got in trouble and bounced back got a scholarship and will receive my degree in May.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- They say I’m a pusher
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Sie Doe Jr. & Chris Martin
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would be a stockbroker probably
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Room, car, desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- It depends if it was my close family, but knowing my family they would rather me save others.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Naruto Uzumaki, he just has the work ethic and perseverance I wish I could have more of.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- When my family was living in a hotel when I was in high school, I had to become the man and step up. That’s when I really started taking football seriously
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Getting picked up and put on my butt 5 yards back my first ever 1v1 in college.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Winning the league title at Modesto Jr. College and going to the playoffs
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Guap – Big Sean
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- You have to be physical of course but, your nonphysical attributes like how smart you are, that is key and knowing things and reading are more important I think.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandma Marian for sure, I love that women, she sculpted me into a man
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Saving Private Ryan
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Case Keenum
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, my dad always says “ You may not like me but, you will respect me”
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Josh Gordon, he just kept catching a lot of heat and he never stopped that’s how I feel. I won’t stop till its time.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I HATE TO LOSE
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My dad, My grandma, My brother Joe and most importantly my Mom. She never quit on me