- Name: Justin Martinez
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 295-300
- Position: Center/ Guard
- School: Winston Salem State ( Western Kentucky Transfer)
- Social Media: No twitter ( Instagram @whopp53)
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Deerfield Beach Florida, it is a great area with a lot of ruff surroundings but is close to the beach and that’s what I love the most.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- 1. Film Study 2. Practice 3.Strength and Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about people being hesitant about giving me opportunity coming from smaller school, just need ONE chance!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed when I lost focus while at WKU , and letting the obstacles I had to over come while there and eventually making a choice I’m disappointed in myself I ever mad to leave WKU. I bounced back by when I forced myself to get my head back on right find a new School, do my thing on the field and now about to graduate when everybody told me I never would after my decision to Leave WKU
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say my “dog trait” the ability to be a old school hit you in your mouth mean O-line man , along with my vocal and communication skills on the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Best Player I ever played against was actually my own teammate Andrew Jackson MLB , was drafted by Colts in 2014 in the 4th round .
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Hopefully the head of the marketing team for a Professional Athletic team.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Room because I can not stand a mess and your living space is the best representation of your character.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One Family member because they have been there with me through it all and probably saved my life by helping me through my most difficult times, I can’t not turn my back on helping my family before anybody else.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Rocky , because he is a great example that behind all odds hard work and dedication you can do anything you put your mind too. And inspired so many by the heart he put into what he loved and eventually became the best at what he did.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- The lose of my grandfather , I was 11 years old he was my best friend. Lived with him, did everything with him. Fell into a deep depression after his lose, parents even had me seek professional help it never helped. Football got me through it, just as well with many more obstacles but in my eyes this the most significant.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Most embarrassing moment was throwing up my first day of varsity practice as a freshman in high school, was a bad first impression.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- This last year, we were down by two on our own 30 with 28 seconds left my quarterback tried to through a quick slant to our receiver it was tipped up and our running back Kerrion Moore some how caught the tip as it came a while 10 yards back to line of scrimmage caught it , I made a block and he broke down our sideline for a 70 yard touchdown to put us ahead with 11 seconds left on clock. Great start to my senior year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Probably “Mind on a Milli” by Gunna. Just talks about no matter what his mind is on chasing a million dollars because that his goal and nothing going to stop him. Just like you got to work for everything you want in life.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My physicalness and Heart. I don’t care who lines up against me, I’m giving everything I got. And if lose I’m getting up and we doing it again and again until I get it right and my physical trait makes them tap out.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandfather , just to talk about life. Gain more knowledge from him and just appreciate my time with him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Club Drip. Because no other club going to be able to compete with our drip and flavor our club provides from music to the venue and everything just great overall experience.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- That is not for me to say , there in the NFL so they do what’s right to be there. Your not always going to have the numbers on the field, your impact off the field and in locker room is just as important. Leadership , work ethic , the numbers will come with time. So I don’t think anybody is overrated , just not producing at moment for the expectations people have for them.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. People will follow and be willing to help and work with somebody they respect because they know you have specific traits that can separate you from others. I don’t care who likes me as long I’m becoming a better me everyday and I like myself.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Was Josh Gordon because he had a internal addiction and issue that derailed his career for awhile I don’t feel for him because of what his issue was but more fact that he is human he accepted he made a mistake and he was throwing away a great opportunity got his head back and persevered through it no matter what people thought and the obstacles he had to go through. He never gave up changed up his act and is now back performing at a high level.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win, I love everything that comes with winning the preparation , the execution and the reward of the win. It just a testament of the work that was put in for it. Losing is apart of life, what you do to bounce back and get back in the winning column is what matters
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My son, he brought out a whole new motivation and hunger inside me I never knew I had. Made me let go all my past regrets and what if thoughts, and turn it around and execute what needs to be done to get to this point. The hunger he puts inside me to become successful with or without football is indescribable.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for November 24, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fitchburg State Freshman football player Desmond Clayton shot and killed at a house party… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- Draft Buzz: Catching up with Oregon State CB Nahshon Wright nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nahsho… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ieS9dk3azw
about 45 mins ago
- Last Chance:Breaking: Steelers are expected to sign LS Christian Kuntz to their practice squad… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft buzz: Catching up with Central Arkansas CB Robert Rochell nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/robert… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago