NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL team’s scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers’ pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Jamalcolm Liggins
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 205
- Position: CB
- College: Dickinson State University
- Twitter: jamalcolm_x
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I was born in Memphis Tennessee but I grew up in Bismarck North Dakota and what I love most about Bismarck is the safe environment and the friendly nature of everyone.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and conditioning, Practice then film study. I feel strength and conditioning is most important because if you are not as strong or conditioned as you need to be you will spend most of the season getting where you need to be. Then practice because that is where you make the most improvements to your game, the last film because if you’re not where you need to be with your conditioning and strength nor do you put in the work at practice no matter how many films you watch you will not be ready on game day.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about failing my friends and family, I worry about this because I want to be able to provide for them both.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Last year when I was a junior during track and field I failed to qualify for the indoor national meet, I was hurt because this was my first time not qualifying for nationals since I’ve been in college. After this, I began to change the way I jumped and began to focus on the basics. I qualified for the outdoors that year and placed 5th at nationals that year with a personal record of 23’5 ½.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates and coaching say my best quality is that I always bring my best effort along with a smile every day.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Trent Momon from the University of Mayville
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would love to coach football and track at any level if my football ended or was cut short.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- A family member because the family has always come first to me, and I don’t know what I would do if I ever lost a family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Timmy Turner from fairly odd parents, because he has fairies to grant him wishes
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
- Living in North Dakota without all my family. Learning to continue to be great even without my mom and dad showing me how, and dealing with not being able to see my younger brothers and sisters every day nor watching them grow up.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Being ineligible for track and football as a freshman because of my ACT score
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- When I was a junior one of my teammates caught an interception and I put a block on the receiver which broke his facemask.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Beast Mode- A Boogie wit da hoodie featuring PnB Rock & Youngboy NBA
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- A Non Physical trait I have is my great work ethic and can never be outworked by anyone and a physical trait would be my length paired with my great jumping ability
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- John F. Kennedy because I feel he had so much to give the US far as her views on politics would have made a differences
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Walk Da Talk
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I think every player in the league desires their paycheck because they have earned it
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. Respect is hard to earn so to have someone’s respect shows that value your thoughts and ideas rather they agree with them or not.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Michael Vick because he is one of the greatest to ever play the game but didn’t get the chance to impacted it as much as he could’ve and his issue cost him some of his freedom.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Steelers Have a Preference on Where to Trade Antonio Brown ift.tt/2Tf8y9V
about 12 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Devin Glenn, RB, Tulane University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/devin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Jamarius Way, WR, University of South Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/jamari…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: John Leglue, OL, Tulane University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/john-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Lamar Odom 'Hates' That Khloé Kardashian Has Been 'Hurt Again' and 'Wants to Reach Out' sportsgossip.com/nba/lamar-odom…
about 17 mins ago via IFTTT