NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- Name: Gregory Hines II
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 189lbs
- Position: Corner Back
- College: Livingstone College
- Twitter: @21Strapz
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My hometown is Atlanta, Georgia and I love the culture and the vibe gives off as a great productive city.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Conditioning is first because your body has to be fit to play this game of football. Strength is next due to the physicality of football and you want to stay injury free. The film is very vital because it improves your IQ and overall game. Practice is the best way of getting in the groove to perform at the tip-top shape on game day. You can’t play without practice.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about my niece and nephew growing up with the thought of not being able to have and that’s why I’m passionate about football cause it could take care of them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Had a chance to go to a D1 school but didn’t realize I needed grades and depended on my athletic abilities, but not receiving offers made me realize I had to get grades to go to the school o wanted to go to but I owned up to my mistakes and turned that negative into a positive.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Using my IQ to make the plays I make.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Trenton Cannon (VSU) Running back now plays for the NY Jets
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- My career would be a Mortician/ Sports Agency Developer
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Room, Car, Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I’ll have to save my family member because if I was in the stranger shoes I don’t think they’ll save me over their family member. Family First!!!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- The Rock in Gridiron Gang because he changed the lives of guys who knew nothing but the streets and gave them a football to get away from the troubled streets.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity would be the fact of sticking to a dream that I thought about quitting but seeing new lives in my immediate family gives me the drive and being overlooked keeps me fueled to pursue and make my dream come true.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I had to play Mufasa (Lion King) in elementary school for my Spanish class in front of the whole school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- 2015 Double OT vs Fayetteville State being on the field while my safety Billy Moore makes the game-winning interception on the 1yard line to snap a homecoming losing streak of 14years
What song best describes your work ethic?
- T.I – Go Get It
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Having a strong mind and being able to play from the neck up.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- It would be my childhood friend Deandre Jackson because he was like my brother we stayed across the street from each other and the day he passed we were supposed to go out but never got the chance.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- I wouldn’t open a dance club I’ll open a training facility to keep young kids active in the community and out of trouble.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Everyone has their flaws in the NFL but they’re professionals for a reason.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected because having respect for someone is greater than liking that person.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Sean Taylor because he was a family man first and the best safety behind Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott to play the game and he got involved in an incident he couldn’t control.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win because you have the most fun when you’re winning.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My friends and how I see them pursue their dreams with the same passion as me and how hard they’ve been working to stay connected with their dream even though it didn’t come in a timely fashion but how effective they still work at whatever they’re doing.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Arizona high school quarterback Aden Morris and his Mother Tish died in a car accident… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Trenchmen’s Corner| Daviyon Nixon Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/trevor…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Alabama RB Najee Harris | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/najee-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/MqILnEnzFq
about 1 hour ago
- Bengals unveiled their New Uniforms | Do you like them? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/bengal… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/X0JoI9RyZO
about 1 hour ago