- Name: Derek Mahaffey
- Height: 310
- Weight: 6’1
- Position: Defensive Lineman
- College: UTC
- Twitter: Pops_______
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice? Strength Conditioning/Practice/Film
- You need to have the strength and conditioning to be able to practice. You need the practice to be able to perfect your craft for the game. And the film is there to review your practice and game performance and Also there to get ahead and pick up tendencies etc.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I don’t worry about much, but probably my family. I want to make sure they straight.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- When I was struggling to get my act score. I went and got tutoring help to get a higher score.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Zachary Bailey, Guard for USC.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Behavioral Analyst
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- A family member, because it is my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- James Bond, because he’s an intelligence agent.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Going to Junior College
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Having to sing in front of my class
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Senior day, interception
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Nonstop – Drake
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Your mindset and mentality.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Grandfather, wish I had more time with him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- 50/50 Klub
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I don’t really know any.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because one minute you can not be “liked and liked” respect goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Johnny Manziel, not having discipline and nobody in his corner to give him better advice.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win, that’s the ultimate goal.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Family, they mean the most to me and without them I wouldn’t be where I am.