NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Christopher Blanton, DE/OLB, Fort Lewis College
- Name: Christopher Blanton
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 215lbs
- Position: DE/OLB
- College: Fort Lewis College
- Twitter: @papi_blanton
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Los Angeles California the thing I like about my hometown the most is the city lights and the food.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study, because as long as your mentally prepared you always have a chance, Practice because you have the ability to better yourself on the field, Strength, and Conditioning because you are able to improve yourself
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about my mother the most if it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t be able to do what I do and that’s ball
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- When I failed my Econ test in high school. I was a little disappointed I had no other option but to study and bounce back an I did.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say my best quality is my hard work and dedication I have for the game
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- No one
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- My career would be a Parole officer if I couldn’t play football .
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- I clean my room first before I do anything else
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- My family always comes first so that’s why I would save my family first
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Flash because I want to be the fastest person in the world
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Being told I was too small at the position I was playing. I dealt with it by proving people wrong and showing them my true skill set
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- When I was in a movie theater it got real quiet and I cut some gas loose
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My hit against South Dakota Mines.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- The ain’t that best describes my work ethic is 1942 by Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- The trait that will help me succeed at the next level is my work ethic. No one will outwork me
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I would bring back 2pac to understand his lifestyle an why he did the things he did.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- The club name would be club42 because that’s my favorite number
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- No one in the NFL is overrated they were all put there for reason.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected because I can care less if you like me it’s all about respect in this game .
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Mike Vick, he had it all till he started hanging out with the wrong crowd.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to win !!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom because she showed me how to embrace the struggle and overcome anything.