- Name: Chad Hovasse
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 215 lbs.
- Position: WR
- College: Adams State University
- Twitter: @ChadHovi5
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Colorado Springs, CO. I love the mountains and the scenery. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the country and there is no other place like it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Practice, Film Study, & Strength and Conditioning. Practice comes first because you get to perform, film study follows because you have the opportunity to learn from your mistakes and continue to grow on your strengths, and strength and conditioning would finish everything up as you get to continue to develop physical attributes to aid your performance.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I would say I worry about my time. Your time is very limited, especially in the sport of football. It is important that you value your time and allow it to motivate you in a positive way to get everything out of the game that you intend.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- The first time I took the ACT in high school, I did horrible. Because this is important for getting into school, I felt that I dug myself too deep of a hole to get out of. I realized that all I needed to do was re-focus, apply myself to the criteria I struggled with, prepare, and be confident when I got the opportunity to retake the exam. I set a goal on a score that I wished to accomplish and did just that.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My leadership, both as a vocal leader and leading by example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Brody Oliver.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I want to join the medical field as either a Physical Therapist or Certified Surgical First Assistant
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Room. You basically live in your room and I would not be able to function if it was not clean.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member. Family is more important to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Kirk Lazarus. I’m a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- I had some things to take care of at home after I graduated high school, so I did not get the opportunity to sign somewhere or go to school right after high school. I worked a couple jobs over the year and then got some help from my fiancé and her family. They helped me get back to school and I walked on to the football program at Adams State.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Calling a gentleman with long hair “ma’am” when I used to wait tables
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career.
- Catching the winning touchdown pass in overtime to beat our rival Western State for the Colorado Classic Trophy
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Whatever It Takes, Imagine Dragons
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My heart.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Muhammad Ali. Arguably one of the best athletes and champions anyone has ever seen. Who wouldn’t want to sit down and have a conversation with him?
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Mike Evans
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. Respect is one of the best characteristics a man can have.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Josh Gordon. Even though he has self-inflicted all his issues, he is extremely talented, trying to remain sober, and is still trying everything he can to find a home in the NFL.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Most recently, it has been my head coach Josh Blankenship. He is everything I want to be as a man, especially as a husband and father.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ivory Scott, OL, Arkansas State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ivory-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Chris Carson Injury Update, Will he return in week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/chris-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uXyMukQN9V
about 32 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Julio Jones Injury Update, Could he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3sLXJ0ulY9
about 36 mins ago
- Big News @DrJesseMorse twitter.com/danielrpopper/…
about 37 mins ago
- SPEED KILLS twitter.com/TRCKFTBLGUY/st…
about 37 mins ago