NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: C.J Collins, QB, Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- Name: C.J Collins
- Height: 6’5″
- Position: QB
- College: Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- Twitter: Cjcollins2Cj
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from a small town called Bosqueville. We are a 2A division high school. My favorite part of Bosqueville is the people. it is a small town that everyone knows everyone.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study, practice, conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
- My biggest worry is not producing. In anything i do in life I want to produce. If I am not producing I am not prepared, executing or invested enough to be successful. To be afraid of failure will come when you do not produce. That is why my biggest fear is to not produce.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed at speaking in Spanish. I tried and tried and tried and eventually passed one of my Spanish courses and learned Spanish.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Leadership. I have an ability to relate to every guy on the team differently and that allows me to lead in a different way than most leaders. My ability to lead is work hard and lead relational with everyone.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- ETBU defensive lineman that plays for the Green Bay Packers.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- MLB Baseball
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family. I am family oriented and a big family person. Once you are close to me, I will always be there.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Johnny Depp. He has his own style and humor.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My sophomore off season, I had double throat surgery from an infection in my wisdom tooth. I spent two months in the hospital and almost died two separate occasions. I gave all my fear, pain and trust into God and trusted that he is in control of the whole situation.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- The time I was sitting in class and fell asleep in the front row. I fell asleep and farted really loud and woke up from it.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The most memorable play would have to be an end zone back shoulder throw and one of my receivers brought it in with one hand for a touchdown.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Fit in – Lil Baby
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Non physical. personally I feel like everyone is physically fit and have tremendous athleticism. The smartest athletes tend to last the longest.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandpa. He was one of my biggest fans.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Gotta Shake it To Make It.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Jameis Winston
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. Respect is something that is earned and not given. I will not loose any sleep at night thinking if someone likes me or not.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Colin Kaepernick. He wasn’t a bad QB in my eyes and he let his team to a playoff run.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My biggest influence in my great grandma. she always cuts out newspaper clippings of me and watches all of my games.