NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Brenton Allen, LB, Pace University
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our reader’s pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
- I come from a small city called Clearwater Fl, which is best known for is a tourist spot Clearwater beach. I love the fact that my whole family lives in Clearwater.
- Practice makes perfect and is the most important following practice is strength and conditioning, there’s no such thing as having a good football team if your players are not in shape. Then film study in order to match personnel you must know what to expect and watching film breaks that down and also slows the game down for players when they know what’s coming.
- Will I be successful is something I always ask myself I worry about this because at any moment your life could change.
- I remember not making weight my freshman year only weighing 200lbs coaches told me I was too little. I took that’s to the heart and worked out my whole grey shirt freshman year and the next year I was 245.
- My work ethic and my drive to be the best I can
- Desmond Nisby – Running Back
- Football paved the way for me so I honestly don’t know.
- The room comes first then the car
- I would choose a family member because I know if it was the other way around they would do the same for me
- Denzel Washington, his movies are usually action-packed and fits me very well because I love action there’s no fun in a movie unless there’s action
- First out of 10 siblings to go to college was adversity at is best growing up in a single parent household made it harder but I told myself over and over that, I would make it someway.
- 4 & 2 on the goal line and the opposing team was going for the win. the ball snapped and I ran through and made the play in the backfield. WE WIN
- Roy Jones Jr= Can’t be touched
- Knowledge of the game
- My grandmother because I never met her and I’m sure she would be proud of me and my accomplishments
- D.S.A. Don’t Stand Around
- Jameis Winston
- Respected because as long as you have that you can succeed without respect you are looked upon as nothing.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I feel for Adrian Peterson because he was suspended just for punishing his child.
- I hate to lose but it’s apart of the game somebody’s gonna lose but how we lost matters because if it was a great game there no reason to be upset.
- The biggest influence on my life has been my mother because I watched her work for too many years and I just want to be able to pay her back for all she’s done.