Former Boise State football player Jack Fields Jr. was shot and killed Thursday by a deputy after Fields stabbed the officer while resisting arrest, according to a release by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Fields was 25 years old.
The release states, Fields stabbed Richmond County (Ga.) Sheriff’s Office deputy Stephan Psillos several times in the lobby of a Residence Inn in Augusta, Ga., before he was shot by the deputy around 8 p.m.
“During the encounter, Deputy Psillos attempted to put handcuffs on Fields, at which time Fields resisted arrest,” the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s public statement read. “Fields pulled a knife from his coat pocket and attacked Deputy Psillos multiple times. Deputy Psillos fired his service weapon, striking Fields.”
This is a sad situation, but it is big news right now in Georgia. Please pray for the officer and Fields family.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: John Brown Injury Update, Bills WR will miss another week nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/john-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: David Johnson Injury Update, When will he return from concussion protocol?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Ohio State game canceled tomorrow.....
about 1 hour ago