- Name: Antonio Dawkins
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 190
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Bluefield College
- Twitter: @11Toniodawkins
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from Shelby, NC. Being raised there I was taught how to go get it in life and that you can make it out of any situation.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice
- Tendencies, Because when you learn a teams tendencies you can anticipate everything that they may run.
My strength is my agility/speed. I can recover fast.
- In practice, I’m focused on little things and technique. Every week I’m trying to better my craft.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I don’t really worry about anything anymore. I know that with the one above on my side I have nothing to worry about
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- It was a play that I gave up on 3rd and 6. From watching film I saw that they normally ran hitches at the sticks so that is what I was anticipating. The wide receiver tried to get on my toes and because I assumed he was going to hitch it up I did not open up until he was right beside me. It was a 27-yard completion, the longest reception I had given up all season. With me being a DB I know that things happen. Have a short memory, go back out, and play. The next play they tried me again on a fade ball. I deflected the ball and not once did I get down on myself because I knew that I was taking a risk by how I was playing it. I overcame by playing the next play and not allowing anything else.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Laquavionte Gonzalez, played for Kansas & Texas A&M.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would go into a few different business ventures. Real estate, stocks, and a few more things are things that I would definitely put my time and focus into
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- That is hard. I would most likely kill myself trying to save all of them. I can’t leave anyone behind.
- I would be Denzel Washington, he is the Michael Jordan of the acting game
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Me and my family being homeless and struggling so bad. I put my head down and worked hard to get a football scholarship because I knew that going to college would be a way to help my family.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I was trying to talk to a female friend and got so nervous that I started stuttering non-stop. I couldn’t get my words out. I started sweating.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Catching an interception the first time I played on ESPN because all of my family and friends were seeing it on TV.
• Ace Hood- Hustle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- I’ve lost so many people this is a hard question. I would bring my brother Tee back though because he was so young and hadn’t got to experience life yet
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- The Boom Boom Room
- I’m not going to answer this just because I could end up on the same team as someone I might name haha.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, with respect you can do anything in life because that means people know you are REAL. Someone who is real and respected will always go far in life.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Pac-Man Jones, he is back in the league now but he is one of my favorite corners so I hated seeing him going through all of that trouble.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mother, fiancé, and my little sister Faith have the biggest influence on my life because I want to be great for them. They taught me so much about life so I feel that I owe them much more in return.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Got it #WritesDownSteelersFootball twitter.com/devinbushfan/s…
about 3 hours ago
- That Canelo fight sucked. For real Canelo was getting the business up until that uppercut. I think they knew he wa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- I like how everyone was hoping #DogeCoin would skyrocket and instead it plummeted!
about 3 hours ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...