- Name: Nik Needham
- Height: 6ft
- Weight: 190
- Position: CB
- College: UTEP
- Twitter: @NikNeedham5
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
My hometown is Anaheim, California. The things I love most about it are the weather and the overall culture of the city. It is very laid back and chill.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Practice, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning. Practice comes first because you can always improve a part of your game at practice day in and day out. Film Study is second because after you have repped your opponents game plan throughout the week, you can study film to better understand your opponent from a mental standpoint. Strength and Conditioning are third because after you have done the first two, you need your body to be in its best shape to perform at the highest level.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about not proving my family right which is why I grind hard everyday to prevent that from happening.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My second year in high school was a tough time for me. I had a lot of unfortunate events occur all around that time and it prevented me from being a great son to my mother and father. At first I reacted selfishly and was only worried about myself. But as time went on, I matured and beat those obstacles. I realized in life you will go through struggles without a doubt, but it is how you respond and step up to those challenges that matter. I had a sit down with my parents and expressed I was wrong and was truly sorry for my behavior.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I know how to have fun with football but also know when it is time to put your head down and just work.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Baker Mayfield
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would want to coach football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family member for sure because they are my blood.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Batman because he did everything in his power to protect his entire city and asked for nothing in return. He never wanted anybody to know who he was and was always keeping a low profile. And he also worked with some of the coolest inventions in the world.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity in life would be learning the life lesson of responsibility. When I was younger I would always have an excuse for something, but as I grew into the man I am today, I have learned that a real man accepts responsibility for his actions. But I have also learned to make better decisions with my life because if I do something wrong I am not only hurting myself but also my family. The last thing I want to do is let my family down.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I do not have a most embarrassing moment
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My first career interception that helped us solidify a win vs FAU in 2015.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Drake- Nonstop
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Being mentally tough
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My cousin Lolo so I can hear his laugh one more time and just talk about all the good times we had together.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- THE FUNC
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- I do not believe any player in the NFL is overrated because you have to above average talent to make it on a NFL team.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because it means that the person considers you to be important .
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- There is no one player who I feel for the most because at the end of the day they personally made the decisions which led up to their career ending. They, in someway or another, had control over the situation.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom because for the first 16 years of my life I mainly lived with her, while I would stay with my dad on the weekends. She has always been a hard worker and has sacrificed a lot for me to be in the position I am today. She has shown me how to be strong and fight through adversity. She has had two brain surgeries and spinal reconstruction surgery, but those have not held her back from working or doing anything she loves to do. So she basically has taught me how to fight as well as stand up for myself. She’s my WHY.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- In Case You Missed the Knockout of the Year: Bronze Bomber Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale with a wicke… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Meet Model Maria Perez, DaBaby’s Posse Viciously Attacks Overzealous Fan & Orioles Infielders Made One Of The Worst… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago via IFTTT
- Last Chance:Peyton Manning to the Jets as a GM could happen? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/peyton… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Mdz1A0vzj4
about 7 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Bronze Bomber Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale with a wicked right | Greatest Knockout? youtu.be/57SA3-47k9w
about 8 hours ago via IFTTT
- Still missing, please share twitter.com/ayyynisaaa/sta…
about 8 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone