NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Nickai Poyser, LB, Marian University
- Name: Nickai Poyser
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 240 lbs.
- Position: LB
- College: Marian University
- Twitter: poyserthatguy20
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Its quiet, and it is close to six flags
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Practice, Film, conditioning and strength
What do you worry about, and why?
- Money- I struggled most of my life and money usually was the issue
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- 6th grade I was suspended from the basketball team, couldn’t play the championship game and let my teammates down. I took it on the chin and made sure I never disappointed my teammates like that again in any sport
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Poise-Being able to play through pressure and adversity
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- CJ Ham
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Coach, love helping others get better
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- 3 strangers, 3 is better then 1
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Being the bad guy in the movie bad boys, being able to work with my two favorite actors (Will Smith) (Martin Lawrence)
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
- Contemplating giving up football, battled depression but pushed through because of my support system.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My first INT!
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Farted on a first date
What song best describes your work ethic?
- I be on it- LIl Bibby
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Mental toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Martin Luther King, love to meet the man who made significant change in America
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- The Spot
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Malcom Butler
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, you don’t be great by being liked
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Colin Kaepernick, Can’t find work because he was standing up for something that is a big problem in America today.