- Name: Jordan Heldreth
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 305
- Position: OL (Played every position on OL)
- College: Southeastern University
- Instagram: @jordan55heldreth
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Daytona Beach, The thing that I love most about my hometown isn’t exactly the area itself, but the people that I grew up and encountered with is what makes it feel like home.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study, practice, and then strength and conditioning. When in terms of critiquing (coming from a player who demands perfection), I am hardest on myself during film study because you see from a different angle on what needs to be corrected. When in terms of game preparation, players such as Ray Lewis, Larry Fitzgerald, and Peyton Manning study their opponents front to back, and combined with their athletic ability, gives them that edge to dominate on the playing field.
What do you worry about, and why?
- My main worry or stress is probably that of making sure that I am a successful in anything that I do. I strive to be great, I have had so many people dedicate and push me to success, that in the end, that is all I want to accomplish, which is to be successful and take care of those who stood beside me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- After my Redshirt year, I trained during the spring and summer on all aspects of my craft with the hope to finally start at Right Tackle. Well when preseason camp finally came around, there was an older more experienced tackle that returned after some major adversities that came across his path. During camp, him and I battled for the starting spot, but in the end, he had taken the position that he meant to play. At the time, I was frustrated and immature about the situation, and ultimately asked the coach what the reason why I didn’t earn the spot. His response was simple, I was not “Consistent enough”. I took this as a chip on my shoulder as I had something to prove. Unfortunately, during the second game of the season, our starting Left Tackle went down with an injury and I was asked to step up; and that is exactly what I did. Ever since, I have proved myself and have been starting ever since, and in the end, the older right tackle took me under his wing and has become like an older brother towards me even to this day.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I am not completely sure on this question, but I would feel that they would say that no matter the circumstance, I am able to get the job done one way or another. For example, I have been starting at Left Tackle every year since the 2015 season, but this past year I was the only starter who didn’t graduate and move on. In return I have been more of a hybrid player, playing any position on the Offensive Line that is needed so that we can succeed.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Chris Casher Defensive End/Outside Linebacker. Former FSU Starter, and Faulkner University. Within the last two years, he has had stints playing with Oakland Raiders and New York Giants.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If my playing career is to end here at the college level, I plan on getting into coaching, mainly at the college level.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Desk first, because work is before anything when it comes to this subject matter.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- This is nearly an impossible question to answer, just for the sole fact that blood is thicker than water. Also, you must look at this angle as well, what would those three strangers do in that situation if roles were reversed.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Bob Lee Swagger from the movie “Shooter”, he is a patriot who loves his country and close ones, plus he is just that dude!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Probably losing a close friend at a point to early in his lifetime. You must remember that God is always there and that He does things for a reason even though you may not even see the reason at first. You must always believe and not doubt. Read James 1:5-6.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- When I was about 6-7 years old, my grandparents came to visit, and they were in the back porch of our house that had a sliding glass door. I ran at full speed excited to see them thinking that the door was open when it wasn’t, let’s just say that it was a clean glass door as first.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Most definitely the last play of the drive of my first collegiate series, I sifted up to the linebacker on an inside zone play and drove him back about 10-15 yards planting him in the endzone at the same time our RB was scoring.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue- Toby Keith
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My work ethic, and being coachable
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Thomas Schlageter, one of my high school baseball coaches and my Calculus teacher. He was an old grumpy man who loved sports and God, but he had a huge heart for everyone, he really kept me sane and was full of wisdom.
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Rather not say, just because if somehow in the slightest chance that I somehow do make it to the next level, there is a possibility that person could be my teammate and that would just cause drama, which I rather tend to stay drama free.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected most definitely. Being liked is good and all but in the end, nobody respects you when in comes the time when things matter, I rather being respected as a player/coach than liked because at least I know I did my job. You don’t have to like me, but if you respect me in what I do or say, that means Ive made an impact one way or another.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- His career isn’t completely derailed but he has had his fair share of hiccups along the way and that’s Jameis Winston. It’s been happening since college, but I ultimately think a lot of the circumstances were just wrong place wrong time, which is why I like to keep myself out of any situations that this may occur.
Do you love to win or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose with such a passion due to my competitive temperament that it has drove me to fact that winning is my only desire, but in the chance that this doesn’t play out you still have to give Glory to God win or lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents, they have worked so hard just to be able to provide for my brother and I. They push us and drive us into the right direction so that we would not have to face the trials or barriers that they faced when raising us. My work ethic and my desire for perfection was created because of them, because just like many people out there, I want to be able to make them proud and one day retire them, because I want to pay them back for all the love and dedication they implanted within my brother and I.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Did You See This:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PB4lqPjyJb
about 26 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Seth Cottengim, LS, Arkansas State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Raymond Johnson III, Edge, Georgia Southern | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/raymon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Ohio State Spring Game 2021 | Quarterback Highlights nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/ohio-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VnaSgMW3QO
about 3 hours ago