- Name: Jalyn Williams
- College: McKendree University
- Twitter: @J_willyams
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I grew up in Carbondale Illinois for the later part of my childhood. The environment was very laid back. The environment was very family friendly and full of culture. The thing I loved the most was the opportunity to meet people I had never met or known and learn about their cultures.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- I think that strength and conditioning is most important. I want to always make sure my body is built last and toto beat my opponents late in the game. Practice is just your opportunity to get better with every rep, so it’s extremely important to me to chase my potential with every rep. Film is important so you know what the defense gives you in certain situations, I watch film so I feel comfortable and confident on game day, knowing what coverages they’re throwing at me.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about not having success and happiness in my life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Coming into college, I had only one year of high school experience under my belt. A lot of the guys skill sets, and IQs were a lot higher than mine, and I struggled. Initially, I got discouraged, but someone told me that this game gives back. You get back what you put in and I started to realize that, and worked harder than ever.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My energy and my humility. I bring it everyday and challenge my teammates to do the same so we can get better.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- If I could say anyone, it’d be one of my old teammates Nate Powell. He had size, speed, and great instincts for his position so competing against him everyday really took my game to another level.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- When I was in high school I wanted to write for Complex magazine.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Room, I can’t live in a dirty environment.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I wish I could save everyone, but I would have to save my family, because of the bond that we have.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Timmy Turner from Fairy Odd Parents, because he got everything he wanted.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Growing up, parts of my childhood we didn’t have much money. Things were hard at time and me and my older sister had to grow up fast at times. My family showing me the value of love and support helped push everyone through during those times.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My redshirt freshman year I thought I would take a starting job, and I rode the bench. It was pretty embarrassing.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My very first touchdown of my college career. I had gone the whole season without one, and got it on the last game of the year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Money Forever by Lil Baby. He talks about the beginning and all the work he had to put in to get where he is now. My favorite line is “Run it all up and stay the same,” meaning through it all never forget where you came from and remain who you are through success.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Work ethic. You can never be satisfied and always have to be an eager learner.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandfather just to ask for some advice.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Eli Manning
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected. People that respect you have a better understanding of you than people that may like you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Josh Gordon, he was an elite talent and it’s always hard to watch someone struggle with addiction.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose. I go into every game expecting to win no matter the opponent. When we win it’s no big deal to me, but I feel losses they hit me hard.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mother. She’s shown me perseverance and strength beyond measure.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Rockets Owner Fined for Talking Russell Westbrook Trade Before it Became Official ift.tt/2lgptJR
about 2 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:Would you trade a first round pick for Jadeveon Clowney? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/jadeve… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Z3ibXEp3V9
about 4 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:Three players who were given way higher Madden ratings than they deserved nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/madden… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Obi Obialo, WR, Marshall University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/obi-ob… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- ICYMI:These three players deserve a much higher Madden Rating, they were robbed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/madden… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro