NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Sean McGuire, QB, Western Illinois University
- Sean McGuire
- Western Illinois University
- Twitter: @JohnnyMac_18
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 All-Missouri Valley Football Conference Team Honorable Mention.
- 219-342 – 2,852 yards – 64.04% – 25 TDs – 13.02 YPC.
What is your name?
- Sean McGuire.
Where do you play College Football?
- Western Illinois University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’2” 225 lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball, Baseball, Wrestling, Track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Nick DeLuca, NDSU.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Limp Bizkit, Notorious BIG.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Head butting the O-Line.
Who is your role model & why?
- My dad. Been through a lot in his life and continues to be a role model for me, our family and anyone he meets.
You are a Law Enforcement Justice Administration major. What made you pursue that subject?
- I’ve always wanted to do something that is challenging and dangerous.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite was a terrorism class, and least favorite was computer security.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My internship with the Sheriff’s Department, I have had some great experiences and learned a lot.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Green Bay Packers, and Brett Favre. Growing up in Wisconsin you love the packers no matter what, and Brett Favre was somebody I always wanted to model my game after. Loved his competitiveness and how he had fun playing the game.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Happy Gilmore, I would be Happy.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Brett Favre.
- The Rock.
- Liam Neeson.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Abraham Lincoln.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Batman, because he is just a normal guy but still is feared by criminals.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Working when nobody is watching.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That winning football games doesn’t just happen on game day, it’s hard to win a college football game, and it takes months and months of preparation.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Just trust. The hard work will bring the results.
Why do you wear #18?
- I was given 18 I didn’t get to choose it, I love the number 8 though so at least I got an 8 in there somewhere.
What is the best part of your hometown, Franklin, WI?
- The people. Friendliest people you’ll ever meet.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- Jordan. Too tough.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One, I play Fortnite but I suck, even though I say I’m good.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Any game winning drives. I love the pressure when the game is on the line.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Packers win the Super Bowl.
- Brewers win the World Series.
- Bucks win the NBA finals.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can eat a lot.
If there is a book written about Sean McGuire, what is the title?
- “Bull In a China Shop.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go to Ireland.
- Kill a shark that’s trying to kill me.
- Go skydiving.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- The Office.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
If you could throw a TD to any NFL WR/TE, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Jaelon Acklin, Ravens/ Lance Lenoir, Cowboys, have thrown plenty to both of them, would love to one more time.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Western Illinois football team?
- Win a MVFC title, National Championship, be the best leader and teammate I can be.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Sean McGuire, what would they be?