- Ronheen Bingham
- Arkansas State University
- Twitter: @SmileUBless
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 All-Sun Belt Second Team.
- 22 Total Tackles – 8.0 TFL – 5.0 Sacks – 2 FF – 1 FR.
What is your name?
- Ronheen Bingham.
Where do you play College Football?
- Arkansas State.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’2″ 244lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Lanard Bonner (OL – Arkansas State – 2016-present).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- J. Cole, Motiv8 & Drake Free Smoke.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
Who is your role model & why?
- My mom is my role model. She is my role model because she works so hard for me, so I go even harder for her.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class is Sociology.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience is seeing how I inspire so many to chase anything hey put their mind to.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up, my favorite team was the Pittsburgh Steelers & my favorite player is Julius Peppers. I try to make my pass rush just as his, relentless.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would have to be in the movie The Wood. I’d have to be Mike (Omar Epps) because I can relate to being a country be around people from the city.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- J. Cole.
- Bernie Mac.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Malcolm X, because I feel his teachings more as time changes.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Black Panther, because it was a great movie & I like how he recovers & comes back stronger when he’s hurt.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of a hard worker is someone who goes the distance. Someone who doesn’t mind giving their last. Someone who works when no one is around or looking.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- That the little things are the most important.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Keep working.
Why do you wear #23?
- My favorite player (LeBron James) wore that number, but I wear number 8 now. King of my new beginning.
What is the best part of your hometown, Bennettsville, SC?
- My family.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- LeBron James.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I don’t play games.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- When my teammates made me a leader.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- My mom doesn’t have to work anymore.
- My family doesn’t have to stress about money.
- Big house in Hawaii or Africa where all my family could stay & be free.
What is your hidden talent?
- I write poetry.
If there is a book written about Ronheen Bingham, what is the title?
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Break single season sack record.
- Travel to Jamaica.
- Raise awareness for my city about why we don’t have a hospital.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Yes, I’ve been watching the show Atlanta.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Reading & Praying.
If you could sack any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, because he’s the greatest Quarterback of all time.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Arkansas State football team?
- For Arkansas State to be the first team to be ranked in the Top 25 & be G5 champions. Double-digit sacks for me individually.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Ronheen Bingham, what would they be?