- Phil Haynes
- Wake Forest University
- Twitter: @PhilHaynes95
- 2017 All-ACC Football Team Third Team Offense.
What is your name?
- Phil Haynes.
Where do you play College Football?
- Wake Forest University.
What position do you play?
- Left Guard.
What is your height/weight?
- 6’4″ 310lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Dexter Lawrence (DT – Clemson University).
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Some type of Alternative, like Imagine Dragons.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- I always pray before every game.
Who is your role model & why?
- My mentor. He has influenced me so much since the age of 11. SO grateful for him.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class – Philosophy of Christianity.
- Least Fav – None, Wake is a great school.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Joining the family of Wake Forest & meeting the student body.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Steeler Nation, Troy Polamalu. I’ve just always liked the Steelers & how physical they were.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Hercules, in Hercules with The Rock.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Winston Churchill.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Jesus, because He is important in my life & that would be the most interesting person to meet.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Probably Hulk, because of his pure power & the dichotomy the Hulk & Bruce Banner.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Doing the most, more than what your mind tells you that you can do.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- How important leadership is & how it is integrated in all areas of life.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Read every day. It’s calming & increases intelligence.
Why do you wear #74?
- I really don’t wear #74 for a reason. I was given it at Wake & I’ve just kept it.
What is the best part of your hometown, Raleigh, NC?
- The sense of community is what I think makes it very special.
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe? Why?
- I don’t like comparing people outside their era but I’ll go with LeBron because he can do everything and I think he is the best leader out of the group.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Definitely a PS4 guy but I just sold my PS4. I figured I am getting too old for games.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- I think showing classmates that student athletes can care for academics as well as heir sport.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- To have a great family.
- Health for my Mom.
- A great legacy left after i’m gone.
What is your hidden talent?
- I really do not have any.
If there is a book written about Phil Haynes, what is the title?
- “Oh, How Things Can Change.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Create a family and support them.
- Travel different areas of the world.
- Create something that helps others.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I just finished the last season of Last Chance U.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would read or try to educate myself on personal improvement.
If you could pancake block any NFL DL, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Duke Ejiofor. He is a former teammate and I never got the shot to do it.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Wake Forest football team?
- Be the best player and leader that I can.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Phil Haynes, what would they be?
What inspires you?
- My family past and future is what make me work so hard. I want to be able to provide for my kids and be there for them no matter what.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Got it #WritesDownSteelersFootball twitter.com/devinbushfan/s…
about 4 hours ago
- That Canelo fight sucked. For real Canelo was getting the business up until that uppercut. I think they knew he wa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- I like how everyone was hoping #DogeCoin would skyrocket and instead it plummeted!
about 4 hours ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...