NFL Draft Diamond Scouting Report: Justice Hansen, QB, Arkansas State
- Player- Justice Hansen
- Position- QB
- School- Arkansas State
- Height- 6’4
- weight – 218 lbs
- Draft – 2019
- Projected forty- 4.80
- Projected- Round 5-7
Stats & Awards
- Career- 827 pass, 502 comp, 6,686 yds, 56 TD ,24 INT, 60.7 PR
- 2017 Sunbelt Conference Player of the Year
- 308 Completions, 3,968 yds, 78 long, 38 TD’s, 7 Rush TD,16 INT, 62.6 rating
- 827 throws, 502 comp, 6,686 yds, 56 TD, 24 INT 60.7 pass rating
- Had 135 rush attempts 422 yds, 3.1 avg 7 TD’s 38 long
- A TD in 17 consecutive games ranked 2nd in the Nation
- 267.4 Pass yds per game ranks 2nd in Nation
- 289.6 ypg rank 6th in Nation & 56 TD’s ranks him 6th as well
- 6,686 pass yds puts him 8th in the country
- Ranked 10th In pass efficantsey 145. 15 rating & 14th in completions
- Bleacher reports best Sunbelt QB
- Ranked 2nd All Time in App St history for TD’s 4th in pass yds and completions
- Sunbelt Conference Offensive of the Year
- Enters 2018 with 8 School records has top 10 stats in the Nation
- He is the only player in the country to be rank in top 5 in Pass TD’s, PPG 22.2, PYG, total Offence avg also ranked 3rd 365.8 ypg 4th in pass TD’s and yds
- Won 10 National weekly Awards including 2 time Manning Star of Wk, 2 time Davey O’ Brien great 8 performer of the wk, 2 time Sunbelt POTW, CFPA Player of wk, was named by CSB, SBC and Manning star of the week honors for his game against Louisiana Monroe 11/25 with his 520 pass yds, 550 total yds 4 pass TD and finished with 6 combined TD’s. Which was part of a Conference record breaking 781 total yd output fo the team.
- 520 pass yard ranks him 3rd in Sunbelt History
- Passed for over 200 yds in every single game of the season
- 336 yds 5 TD’s which tied a school record vs UAPB 9/16
- 46 passes 415 yds and 3 TD’s vs Nebraska 11/2
- 396 total yds and career high 121 rush yds 3 TD’s vs Louisiana
- CMS Offensive Player of the week vs New Mexico St when he threw 4 TD’s while coming back from a 4th quarter 21-17 deficit to win 10/28
- 340 pass, 197 comp, 2,719 yds, 19 TD’s, 8 INT & PR of 57.9
- 79 runs, 131 yds 1 TD
- Honorable Mention All Sunbelt Conference selection
- 2 time Sunbelt POTW
- Led App St to an 8-2 record as starter
- 6th in Conference in yds per game with 219. 2
- 2,850 yds was 7th most in App St history
- His 19 passing TD’s tied for 4th most in school history
2015- Transfer from JUCO Butler U.
Big QB with a big arm and mobility.
Still raw and doesn’t always look completely polished but has the tools & physical traits for a chance to compete for a roster spot in the NFL.
Great vision and can look off defenders, goes thru his reads quickly & see’s the field very well.
Gets the ball out quick and has a big strong arm. Does well on short passes and screens. Does well under pressure and has quick feet and a big strong frame quickness, arm to be a dual threat. He knows when to take off and that part of his game improved in 2017 from the year before. Could make a terrific QB for a RPO type Offense with his quick feet & release. Can navigate thru breakdowns in the D with his mobility. Does not mind taking a hit when it comes to getting a first down or TD. Scrappy big tough type QB that is not easy to come by guys like Big Ben, Wentz Cam big body guys that can also put it on the numbers.
Throws lasers but has good touch when needed, he also places the ball in good spots for his receivers. Great arm motion on big passes looks flawless, effortless almost like a pitcher.
Although I believe they can improve his stance and some technique there is no denying this young QB’s ability to throw the ball and athleticism for a big tough mobile gunslinger.
He already is a recordbreaker at his school and in his conference. Another All Conference year could make him a player of interest for many teams looking to add depth to their QB room with the potential of grooming a future starter.
Profile & Report by,