- Cole Sears
- University of Arkansas at Monticello
- Twitter: @ColeSears15
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 180-318 – 2,668 yards – 14.82 YPC – 29 TDs – 56.60%.
What is your name?
- Cole Sears.
Where do you play College Football?
- University of Arkansas at Monticello.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’3″ 220lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Cua’ Rose, a defensive back from Arkansas Tech University
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I personally do not listen to any certain type of music before a game but my teammates will blare “In the Air Tonight” by Phil Collins right before we leave out of the locker room to start the game and that always gets my juices flowing.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No, I am not really a believer in superstitions.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model is my father, Tom Sears. He taught me how to be physically and mentally tough, be a man of high character, be an extremely hard worker, and most importantly a strong Christian man. He played quarterback at Arkansas State University and has been a head football coach at the high school level for over twenty years, so it has always been pretty cool to me to have had a dad that not only cares for me as a person, but can also relate to me as a quarterback on the field. My father has always been there for me and I strive to become the man that he is.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class was Adaptive Physical Education.
- My least favorite class was either Anatomy and Physiology or Upper Level Mexican History.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- I was able to help start the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at my University, where I currently serve as one of the leaders of the organization.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- I never really had a favorite NFL team, but one of my favorite NFL players to watch growing up was Aaron Rodgers. His super quick release as well as his ability to extend plays was always fun to watch and are skills I attempt to apply to my game. I am a pretty mobile guy so to watch how Rogers escapes the pocket throwing from different shoulder angles, his ability to remain calm and relaxed when flushed out under pressure, and keeping his eyes downfield making perfect throws in the tightest windows are reasons why I believe he is one of the best NFL quarterbacks of my lifetime. I also spent extended time watching Aaron Rodgers throwing back shoulder fades as I had never really thrown them until I got to college. I have worked diligently and continue to work hard at throwing them. It is now one of my favorite throws as a quarterback.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I would be in the movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier and play the role of Captain America.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Tim Tebow.
- Dak Prescott.
- Aaron Rodgers.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- George Washington due to his leadership abilities as a Commander in Chief of the Continental Army and as the 1st President of the United States. Many writings of Washington’s troops revealed that Washington was a man of high character, was trustworthy, and was well respected. I believe these attributes are key in being a successful quarterback for any team as you have to have the respect of your teammates in order to be a successful leader.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- My favorite super hero is Captain America. I have always been a fan of Captain America because he does not have a special suit or certain super power to stand out. He is courageous, determined, and strong willed. He uses these qualities to accomplish the job at hand regardless of how large the obstacle. Coming from a small school, I believe I have to have this same mindset in order to help me be a successful quarterback.
What is your definition of hard work?
- I would define hard work as simply out-working others in order to achieve your goals.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- An unexpected lesson I learned in college was to never take a day for granted, as cliche as that may sound. My first semester on campus as a freshman, I was with one of my teammates who ended up passing away due to an asthma attack. That moment really helped me to realize to cherish and to make the most of each day that you get because you never know when it could be your last.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Honestly I am not sure if there is anything that I would have told myself that I was not already told by others. I knew at that time that it would require a lot of hard work and dedication to become the person and player that I am today.
Why do you wear #15?
- I wear the #15 to represent my role model and father, Tom Sears. My father wore #15 when he played football collegiately, so I wear it as I strive to be like him. My father has done so much for me as a person and as a player that the number is to remind me that every time I slip on that jersey and see the #15, whether it is in practice or in a game, that the way I play and carry myself throughout the sport represents not only me and my team, but also my father and the rest of my family.
What is the best part of your hometown, Hoxie, AR?
- My hometown of Hoxie, Arkansas, has a very small population and a large amount of farmland. If you would like to go to a movie you will have to drive at least thirty miles, so Hoxie being secluded I think actually benefited me as a player and student. I spent most of my days either training at the high school football facilities or studying schoolwork. When I got to college, many of my teammates would joke with me saying how much I was up at our indoor facility working out or doing drills, but honestly I did not know any different because that is just how I have always been since I was young. The only way I know how to be the best player I can be is to work hard, and I give some of that credit to Hoxie.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- I would choose LeBron over Jordan just because I cannot say that I have ever seen Jordan play in person. I really like LeBron’s ability to get his whole team involved, which elevates the entire team’s play, not just himself.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I am definitely a PS4 guy. I’m a big Madden and Fortnite player whenever I do decide to play video games.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- My most memorable moment athletically is leading my team to a come from behind win against then ranked #24 Arkansas Tech University 46-45, while scoring the game winning touchdown with a minute to go in the game. As a student, my most memorable moment would have to be that I was able to complete my bachelor’s degree in three years with a 3.95 GPA.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Everyone in the world becoming saved by Jesus Christ.
- Cure all sickness in the world.
- Lead a NFL team to a Super Bowl.
What is your hidden talent?
- I have lived off campus since my second year of college which has required me to learn how to prepare my own food. I became very interested in learning to create healthy meals that would help benefit me as an athlete. I now enjoy grilling and cooking my own meals.
If there is a book written about Cole Sears, what is the title?
- “Overcoming the Odds.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Coach football alongside my dad.
- Become a head football coach.
- Visit Hawaii.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- I just finished The Following with Kevin Bacon. I really got into that show.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
If you could throw a TD to one NFL WR/TE, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Honestly if I had to pick one out of anyone, I would pick Jalen Tolliver, a current rookie NFL receiver for the Arizona Cardinals. He caught 29 touchdowns from me my past two years as a starter at UAM, so it would be pretty cool for me to be able to throw him a touchdown at the NFL level. I’m sure not too many quarterback-receiver duos from the same division two college get a chance to play again at the next level, let alone the same team, so it would be special not just for both of us, but for our University as well. He is a special player with a bright future in the NFL.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Arkansas at Monticello football team?
- The most important individual goal is to be the best leader and teammate that I can be for my football team. Following that, I want to be an All-American, All-Region, and an All-Conference quarterback, but I know I can’t accomplish that without my teammates. As for the team goals, obviously our goal is to win the Great American Conference and to compete for a National Championship. That has been our team goal since my first day on campus in 2014, and it has yet to be accomplished, but settling for anything less this year with it being my last season would be a disappointment.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Cole Sears, what would they be?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Julio Jones Injury Update, Could he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Salvon Ahmed Injury Update, Ruled out already for Week 12, OUCH… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Tua Tagovailoa Injury Update, How banged up is Tua? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tua-ta… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago