- Name: Jacob Isabel
- Height: 5080
- Weight: 183 lbs.
- Position: WR
- Draft Class: 2018
- College: Chapman University (2016-2017), Chabot College (2012-2013)
- Hometown: Pleasanton, CA
- 40 Yd Dash: 4.49 secs.
- Broad Jump: 11’01”
- 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15 reps
- High School: Amador Valley HS
- Games Watched: 2016-2017 Highlights, Swarco Raiders Highlights
(Chapman University): 9 GP, 58 Rec, 1,050 Yards, 10 TDs, 9 Carries, 32 Yards, 15 KR, 352 Yards, 1 TD, 7 PR, 77 Yards, 1,511 All-Purpose Yards
Stats (Chapman University): 9 GP, 43 Rec, 733 Yards, 7 TDs, 12 Carries, 59 Yards, 16 KR, 376 Yards, 6 PR, 180 Yards, 1 TD, 2 Tackles, 1,328 All-Purpose Yards
Stats (Chabot College): 11 GP, 46 Rec, 509 Yards, 5 TD, 21 Carries, 183 Yards, 2 TD, 2 Tackles, 647 All-Purpose Yards
Stats (Chabot College): 11 GP, 34 Rec, 417 Yards, 1 TD, 21 Carries, 88 Yards, 1 TD, 1 KR, 12 Yards, 517 All-Purpose Yards
Positives: Has an okay frame with decent length. Is a versatile player. Very good AA & COD skills, good play speed & acceleration. Shows good burst from the LOS at the snap, uses good foot speed to eat up a DBs cushion. Has a decent swim to fight through contact in the middle of routes. Can stem routes by attacking a DBs inside or outside shoulder, has great stemming ability on comeback routes. Relies on double moves & acceleration to create separation on deep routes. Shows ability to catch passes away from his frame. Has okay body control on screens & deep routes. Is an excellent YAC WR, can be shifty in the open field. Plays with adequate strength & physicality as a run blocker. Uses good vision to find open space. Has adequate breakaway speed & follows blockers well in the open field after the catch, and in the return game.
Negatives: Is slightly undersized in height. Ability to beat press coverage consistently is unknown. Only runs a limited route tree on film. Does not show much mental processing to find blitzers & open spots in zone coverage on short & intermediate routes. Jumping ability is questionable. Does not always fight for 50/50 balls on go routes. Can make too many moves & do too much in the open field to elude defenders.
Summary: A two-year starter at WR for Chapman University (NCAA Division III). Was used as the Z WR, slot WR, and as a kick & punt returner through his college career at both Chapman University & Chabot College (JUCO). Participated in The Podyum Showcase in February 2018, and the USC Pro Day in March 2018. Played overseas for the Swarco Raiders in the Austrian Football League in the spring of 2018. Overall, is a player who can lineup as a Z WR, Slot WR, and as a returner on special teams. Relies on AA, foot speed, acceleration, double moves, and vision to win against defenders. Needs to show mental processing, route tree improvement, and ability to beat press coverage consistently.
Projection: Free Agent/NFL Camp Player
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Middle Tennessee WR C.J. Windham nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/c-j-wi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rondal… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- Calais Campbell positive too twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 23 mins ago
- Two Primetime games lost because of COVID I’d be pissed too twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 30 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: David Montgomery Injury Update, Is he playing week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/mtilo2rCFp
about 33 mins ago