NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: John Keenoy, C, Western Michigan University
- John Keenoy
- Western Michigan University
- Twitter: @Keenoy_52
- 2017 First Team All-MAC.
- Academic All-MAC & MAC Distinguished Scholar-Athlete selection.
What is your name?
- John Keenoy.
Where do you play College Football?
- Western Michigan University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’3” 300lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Growing up I played basketball, baseball, football, and wrestled.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Malik McDowell, Michigan State University.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Preferably I’d listen to Country music or old Kanye West music.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Not really.
Who is your role model & why?
- I always wanted to grow up and be just like my father. He’s always been one of the most inspirational people in my life, and someone I could always lean on. He played college football, and was the main reason I fell in love with the game.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Any classes in Real Estate have always been my favorites. I wasn’t a huge fan of an Art History class I had to take.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Just hanging out with my teammates, doing whatever sounds fun that day.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up I’d say living in the state of Michigan I grew up a Detroit Lions fan. My favorite player was Brett Favre though because I always enjoyed watching him play, and how much he loved to compete.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Probably an extra in any Will Ferrell movie.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- LeBron James.
- Warren Buffett.
- Tom Hanks.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Abe Lincoln, just because I find him interesting and would love to find out more about that time in history.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Thor, because he would beat down the rest of the superhero’s.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Consistently changing your best on a daily basis.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- How to manage money.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- To enjoy the time you have with friends and family, make every moment with them count.
Why do you wear #52?
- The open numbers were 73 and 52, and my dad wore 73 in college so I wanted to be different and create my own path, so I choose #52.
What is the best part of your hometown, Kentwood, MI?
- The unique part about Kentwood is the diversity of its people. You learn and grow up with diversity everywhere which is great, and the people of Kentwood make it such a great place to live.
Who do you choose, Jordan, LeBron or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron, he’s probably one of the most athletic freak of natures there is. He can do it all, he’s an elite passer first, then he can score with the best of them and is a great rebounder. Not to mention he’s been more dominant in a era then anyone, he has represented the eastern conference in 8 straight finals. I think he’s also been to the finals more seasons then he’s not.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4, Madden 19, Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Winning the MAC championship, and going to the Cotton Bowl.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- I’d wish for more wishes first of all, then probably cure cancer, then probably to be the richest man in the world.
What is your hidden talent?
- I’m a pretty good thumb wrestler.
If there is a book written about John Keenoy, what is the title?
- “Family, Football, Food: The Life of John Keenoy.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Have kids.
- Eat pizza and pasta in Italy.
- Travel through Europe.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- The 100, Trailer Park Boys, Altered Carbon.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Spending time with family or friends.
If you could pancake block any NFL D-Lineman, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Not Sure.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Western Michigan football team?
- The MAC Championship is my number one goal, and to accomplish that would satisfy and individual goals I have for myself.
What inspires you?
- My family.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in John Keenoy, what would they be?
- Family Oriented.