Draft Diamonds Scouting Report: Jamauri Bogan, RB, Western Michigan
- Player- Jamauri Bogan
- Position- RB
- School- Western Michigan
- Height- 5’7
- Weight- 192 lbs
- Number- 32
- Draft class- SR/ 2019
- Projected Forty – 4.43
- Projected round- UDFA
- Home- Union, N.J.
Stats and Awards.
2017- Only played in 9 games due to injury starting 2.
- Was nominated for the Wuerffel Trophy
- Had last year 589 yds in 9 games on on 112 carries with 3 TD’s.
- 15 carries 77 yds a TD vs USC 9/2/17
- A 71 yd run against Wagner with 131 yds adding a TD vs Wagner 11/ 23/17
2016- 163 carries for 865 yds and 8 TD’s in only 8 games.
- Opened the season in style with 103 yds & a TD vs NorthWestern 9/3/16
- Had a workday with 24 carries for 189 yds 2 TD’s vs Illinois 9/17/16
- Ran 100 or more yards in the first 4 games of the season
- Had 2 rushing TD’s vs Eastern Mich 10/22/16
- After his injury he proved he was back with 31 carries and 198 yds in his return vs Toledo
2015- Freshman year he really jumped out the gate as a player to watch
- All Mac 3rd Team
- MAC Freshman Of The Year 2015
- First start vs # 1 ranked Ohio State had 93 yds
- Mac West POTW for his 135 yds on 9 runs and a 67 yd run vs Ohio 10/17/15
- 4 rushing TD’s against Eastern MIch 10/29/15
- Rushed for 171 yds and 2 TD’s vs Ball State 11/5/15
- 118 yds and 2 TD’s vs Bowling Green 11/11
- 3rd most in School history ( single season )with 16 TD’s
- 1051 yds and 16 TD’s as a freshman
- Had 2 games with 4 TD;s
- Popeyes Bahama Bowl Offensive MVP 215 yds 4 TD’s vs Mid Tenn 12/24/15
Sturdy, strong, thick, quick smaller quick back with a surprising amount of power in his small frame. Can make some nice moves, elusive with quick feet but he also can power through tacklers and make a big 1st down or TD. He has some extremely strong legs and the body type many scouts look for.
Nice burst can excel through holes perfectly with very little wasted motion, unless he is shaking defenders. Compact and at only 5’ 7, it can be hard for defenders to find him or get low enough to make a clean tackle.
Once he is in NFL shape with another 5 to 10 lbs of muscle on his already diesel smaller frame. He will be a force to be met and a D coaches nightmare.
Smooth fluid hips gets in and out of breaks easily. Has the power to run up the middle and the speed to bounce outside. Shows excellent effort, patience and vision, see’s holes and makes navigating thru traffic look second nature. Bogan did look good the little i saw. They used Franklin more on blocking downs his toughness and effort when called upon to block was very good.
When he was used in the pass game he looked good and can use his size as a mismatch making catches. Also could be a very solid ST player and contribute in the return game.
If he could stay healthy, he could get over the 1000 yd mark in his SR season & double digit TD’s. A guy i will be following and revisiting before the 2019 draft.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Meet YouTube Star Briana Monique, First Official Trailer for ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ & No-look tag from Cubs’ Javier Ba… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago via IFTTT
- Tips on buying the TV sound bars ift.tt/2Yf8YQg
about 8 hours ago via IFTTT
- We have been watching @LastChanceU and @kailondavis1 is one of my favorites. This kid needs a shot. Keep getting after that QB big guy!!
about 10 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott is Planning to Leave the Country Instead of Attending Training Camp ift.tt/2SrXkfm
about 12 hours ago via IFTTT
- These three players deserve a much higher Madden Rating, they were robbed - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/madden…
about 12 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone