NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Cua’ Rose, S, Arkansas Tech University
- Cua’ Rose
- Arkansas Tech University
- Twitter: @cuazy8
2017 Accolades & Statistics
- 2017 Unanimous All-GAC First Team.
- 85 Total Tackles – 1.0 TFL – 5 INTs – 2 FF.
What is your name?
- Marcuavious “Cua” Rose.
Where do you play College Football?
- Arkansas Tech University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’9″ 190lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball, Baseball, and Track.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Jalen Tolliver –UAM to Cardinals.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Yes, YFN Lucci.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
Who is your role model & why?
- Leroy Hood because he had a vision for me, surrounded me with positive influence the day he came into my life. He provided me with an opportunity to better myself.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite would be coaching, my least favorite would have to be college algebra.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- My favorite experience outside of football in college would be the holidays when I get to visit and spend time with my family.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite NFL team would be the Seahawks, my favorite player will forever be Tyrann Mathieu. The Seahawks because of their defense, I love the style of play and demeanor their defense holds. Tyrann Mathieu is my favorite player because of his competitive and dominant nature, he also handles adversity well which really intrigues me.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Friday, I would be Ezal.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My sisters Chynale & ChuRunde Rose, & my brother Cedric Oliver.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- James Brown, just to sing and dance alongside of him.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Frozone from The Incredibles, I think freezing people would be cool.
What is your definition of hard work?
- My definition of hard work is consistency, it’s hard to outwork a consistent person. Consistency makes the mind believe in perfection.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- The most unexpected lesson I’ve learned while in college is that you have to lose a lot to gain a lot, success takes sacrifice.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- I would go back and tell myself to work harder to get stronger and faster.
Why do you wear #8?
- I wear because it’s my zodiac signs lucky number.
What is the best part of your hometown, McGehee, AR?
- The people by far.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- PS4, Call of Duty, Madden and NBA2K18.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Community service at the Live United bowl game, I enjoyed spending time with the youth of the community and trying to impact their lives in a positive way.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- More wishes.
- A better world.
- Positive change.
What is your hidden talent?
- I am artistic in many ways.
If there is a book written about Cua’ Rose, what is the title?
- The flower that grows through concrete.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Successfully make an NFL team.
- Show my family how to achieve.
- Give back to the community.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- With family and friends all together.
If you could intercept one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, that shows something about our game. He is the GOAT.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Arkansas Tech football team?
- My individual goals for 2018 are to surpass my past accolades and become a 1st Team All-American selection break the Interception record for both the football program and conference while leading my team to success. Goals for the team are even bigger than mine, in my eyes the team goals are held to a high standard. We will be playing for the conference championship and we will have a playoff berth.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Cua’ Rose, what would they be?