- Barrett Renner
- Southern Arkansas University
- Twitter: @RennerBarrett
2017 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2017 All-GAC First Team
- 264-396 – 3,201 yards – 35 TDs – 66.67%
What is your name?
- Barrett Renner.
Where do you play College Football?
- Southern Arkansas University.
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’3″ 215lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Basketball, Soccer, Track, Tennis.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- I don’t usually listen to music before games. I like to go around talking to guys on my team and making sure they are prepared.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No, I just like to go out on the field and perform.
Who is your role model & why?
- My role model is my dad. Ever since I was young he instilled in me that hard work and a drive was going to get me where I wanted to be. And so far, that is what has happened.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class had probably been business analytics because I learned so much and my least favorite is accounting.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Getting to go to various events outside of the school and interacting with children and their families.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- The Cowboys.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Home Alone and I would play Kevin.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Bill Gates, Martin Luther King, and my grandfather.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- I think it would be cool to meet Leonardo Da Vinci and talk about some of his work and why he did it.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- I think that Deadpool would be my favorite because I enjoy comedy movies.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Outdoing what you did the day before.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Never burn your popcorn in the middle of the night. It smells terrible and will set off the fire alarm and make everyone hate you for getting out of bed at 2AM.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- To enjoy the time you have in high school and in college. Time flies by and I would tell myself to enjoy every little moment.
Why do you wear #2?
- I chose that number my junior year of high school and it just kind of stuck.
What is the best part of your hometown, Rowlett, TX?
- That it’s close to the big city and there is not a lot of traffic.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- I would have to choose LeBron. Only because I was not around to see Jordan play, so it makes it hard to debate.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox One, and I’ve been playing Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Just seeing the smiles on the kids faces at some of our events because I know how I felt when I was that small and it feels great being able to be that figure for other kids.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- That the people I care about would never have to worry about anything ever again.
- That there would be some super cool virtual reality system come out.
- An unlimited amount of money.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can do some magic tricks.
If there is a book written about Barrett Renner, what is the title?
- Everyone thought that they knew me.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Go on an African Safari trip.
- Be a hype man for a huge music artist in front of a lot of people.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- The Office.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
If you could throw a TD to one NFL WR/TE, past or present, who would it be & why?
- I think it would have been awesome to throw to Terrell Owens. He was a crazy athlete, plus you would get to see what end zone celebrations he comes up with.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the Southern Arkansas University football team?
- To win a conference and national championship. Individually, I want to throw for 4000+ and win the Harlon Hill.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Barrett Renner, what would they be?
- Competitive, passionate, knowledgeable.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Orlando Apollos of the AAF cannot get workers comp insurance, so they will move practices to Georgia… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Wow really twitter.com/wesh/status/10…
about 46 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Be careful folks in Louisiana. Crazy twitter.com/_axele/status/…
about 47 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for February 20th, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WpHf9Z6i4e
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- How close are the Cleveland Browns from making a Super Bowl run? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/clevel… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0dSyobJeEI
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro