- Zayne Anderson
- Brigham Young University
- Twitter: @zayneanderson23
- 61 Total Tackles – 2 INTs – 3 FF – 1 FR.
What is your name?
- Zayne Anderson.
Where do you play College Football?
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 6’2” 212lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Played basketball my whole life.
- Ran track all of high school (took state in 100m, 200m, 4×100, Medley.
- Contributed to set state record in medley.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Anything Drake.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- Can’t switch up the swag, need to wear the same thing each game.
Who is your role model & why?
- Eric Weddle, not highly recruited out of high school, same faith.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite: Social Psychology.
- Least: American Heritage.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Being able to go to New York for the More 2 Life foundation and being able to talk to the youth there and be able teach them the keys to being successful and developing a growth mindset.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite team growing up was the Chargers because of LaDainian Tomlinson, and my favorite player was Sean Taylor.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- I’d be in The Avengers and my Character would be Thor.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- Steve Jobs, my grandpa and Ed Reed
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Abraham Lincoln, he is one of the greatest leaders to walk the earth because of the way he united people and the things he accomplished during his time is absolutely amazing.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Flash, when I was a kid I always wanted to be him
What is your definition of hard work?
- Putting 10x more effort than the average person in everything you do and doing hard work when nobody is watching.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- Keep your circle small… not everyone wants to see you be successful. Surround yourself with greatness.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Live in the moment and take advantage of every second you have to get better.
Why do you wear #23?
- Switched jerseys with teammate in practice and bowl game, really liked it and it stuck with me.
What is the best part of your hometown, Stansbury Park, UT?
- Small-town, close community that really comes together and has supported my whole journey.
Who do you choose, Jordan or LeBron?
- LeBron, the way he plays the game is absolutely amazing. He’s never having problems off the court and love the way he leads his team.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- Xbox one guy, Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Being able to give back to the community by giving talks for firesides and talking to those that are struggling with health or other issues.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Win the 100m in the Olympics.
- Receive a billion dollars.
- Make it to the hall of fame in the NFL.
What is your hidden talent?
If there is a book written about Zayne Anderson, what is the title?
- Legacy of hard work and big dreams.
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Witness a game 7 finals on the floor.
- Play in a Super Bowl.
Are you binge watching anything on Netflix or Hulu right now?
- Don’t watch much series, when I do.. I watch The Office.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- Spend time with friends or family
If you could intercept one NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, because he’s the GOAT.
What are the goals for 2018, both individually & for the BYU football team?
- Lead the team in tackles.
- Lead the nation for my position in interceptions.
- Bring high energy to every practice and game.
- Lead by example and show the young bucks how to work.
If you could give NFL scouts three words to describe the type of man they are getting in Zayne Anderson, what would they be?
- Humble (ready to learn and be coached).
- Hard worker (put more time into my craft than anyone).
- Leader (on and off the field).